Re: [ExGDBd] Grey Zone question

  • kenjacksongospel
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 24, 2008
      I apologize for the late response to this particular question, but
      I've been out of town and when I read it I was moved by the Spirit to
      respond. For myself, I would refrain from masturbation and that's
      because, we are still in a fight i.e. Spiritual Warfare, and
      masturbation is a stumbling block. It's an unfortunate consequence,
      but the bible tells us to Cast down imagination and every high thing
      that exhalts itself against the knowledge of God and get every
      thought captive into the obedience of Christ Jesus--2 Corinthians
      10:5. I bring this up because masturbation requires ungodly thoughts
      when manifest into ungodly actions, hence one thing leads to another.

      Now, I would not be a good brother or Christian if I didn't admit
      that it is a struggle and yes, I've fallen short, but I get back up,
      dust myself off and keep pressing forward. The spirit of lust is a
      real spirit and one that should not be taken for granted. There is,
      unfortunately, nothing innocent about masturbating, whether married
      or unmarried, as noted by my brother previously, because (and I so
      appreciate your honesty) he still had thoughts of being with another
      man.

      My first three months of abstaining was equivalent to withdrawal
      symptoms of an addict and that's because I had been feeding my flesh
      for over 20 years with unhealthy sex. I would break out into a sweat
      while sleeping and my body would have hot and cold flashes. The good
      news is that I overcome the withdrawal, but the battle was still
      brewing. Henceforth the cliche', I may have won the battle, but I
      haven't won the war.

      God knows what we go through and He has compassion for us. He
      rejoices everytime we overcome our small victories by resisting those
      wiles of the enemy and He doesn't beat us up when we fall short and
      lose one, especially if He sees that we're being diligent in our
      pursuit for deliverance, salvation and healing. I believe that God is
      a Deliverer, a Healer, a Waymaker and a Redeemer; and that's because
      His Word tells me so and I've know for myself through my own
      testimony. He has no desire for you to live in pain or live in
      bondage, so don't accept your circumstance, by admitting defeat over
      something that you can overcome.

      Remember, the Word of God tells us that we are more than conquerors,
      we are fearfully and wonderfully made. Greater is He that is in you,
      than he who is in the world. He will make you the head and not the
      tail. You are a child of God, so you can overcome any and all things
      that are in opposition to Him and His Will for you!

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Paul Silen
      <p_csilen@...> wrote:

      > This is true. you are going through a withdrawal. I spent 13 years
      in Sex Addicts Annonomous. I've heard these stories many times. The
      dynamic is the same be it sex, gambling, compulsive shopping, or even
      chemical addiction.

      > As far as the issued of masturbation is concerned. God made us to
      be sexual beings. if you are young and single it can be a healthy
      catharsis provided that it is done in the right prospective. (i.e.
      you do it in private and you don't obsess over it.) if this habit is
      out of hand I would suggest that you seek counceling from a compitant
      therapist.

      > Myself, I've been married for twelve years and I admit that
      sometimes I still do it. I don't do it as frequently as I did when I
      was a teenager, but it still happens sometimes. It doesn't mean that
      I love my wife any less. And I admit it too. that my erotic thoughts
      still focus on same sex attraction. I have accepted that I am going
      to live with this for the rest of my life. I just have to accept that
      Jesus loves me regardless.

      I do.