Straight Pride Parade to be Held in New York City

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 1:59 AM
      Although reggae is known for its militancy and its resistance to
      injustice, the reggae community has remained calm throughout the
      attack on the music by Peter Tatchell and other Gay activists
      groups. Rather than going on the offense, the reggae community will
      instead unite in solidarity a day prior to labor day in New York
      City.

      (PRWEB) July 8, 2008 -- TCOOO Productions the label behind the "18
      Karat Reggae" CD series is holding the first ever Straight Pride
      Parade in Brooklyn, New York on August 31, 2008. The parade will
      take place on Eastern Parkway along the same route as the annual
      Caribbean labor day parade.

      New reggae / dancehall sensation Jango Fresh said, "the Straight
      pride parade is a great idea because when a song like "Hit them
      hard" by my label mate Stapler can be banned just because it
      stresses the importance of a male and a female in every family, it
      is a sign that heterosexuals need to wake up.

      The Straight Pride Parade is a chance for Heterosexuals to gather
      together and proudly embrace their sexuality. The Parade will also
      allow reggae and dancehall fans who are in New York City for the
      Labor Day celebrations to get together and celebrate reggae,
      dancehall and family in love and unity. Adults are encouraged to
      bring their children along for the celebrations, as the event will
      be family oriented.

      The president of TCOOO said he hopes the event will unify the reggae
      community who has seen many reggae events cancelled recently not
      only in the United States but all over Europe and the Caribbean. "I
      sat quietly and watched as they cancelled artists like Buju Banton,
      Sizzla Kalonji and Capleton" he said, "but when the gay community
      went after TCOOO artists like Vineyard the Rebel Priest, Stapler and
      Jango Fresh we decided that we must make a show of strength."

      Reggae artist Stapler whose song "Hit them Hard" was climbing the
      reggae charts was suddenly banned for what the artist said was
      nothing but pro family lyrics. "It is like we are not allowed to
      talk about the importance of a family anymore" Stapler told DJ Ron
      Muschette on Irie FM in Jamaica.

      TCOOO Productions whose profiles can be found at
      www.myspace.com/tcooo and www.tcooo.imeem.com is getting a lot of
      support for staging the Straight Pride Parade as thousands of fans
      have already let it be known that they will be attending the parade
      in August. All the artists who are on the latest TCOOO release "18
      Karate Reggae: Global Warming" will be performing at the parade.
      These artists include Stapler, Jango Fresh, Vineyard the Rebel
      Priest, Massicker and Zeego Zaro.

      Hit Them Hard - Stapler

      (chorus)

      Jah Jah gonna hit them hard
      All the men who visit men backyard
      Leaving all the women to starve
      One thunder ball and all of them pause

      Hand in hand with my lady
      Hug her and kiss her cause she carried my baby
      But some boys moving shady
      While am chilling on the ends making sweet love to Sadie
      All I know am here to produce and all the ladies you are my friends
      From the past, the present, the future my girl, love and respect to
      the end

      (chorus)

      Remember you are a King, what happened to your queen
      The youths need a role model to instill self esteem
      So live your life clean
      and you will see what I mean

      (chorus)

      The world is spinning and everything in it
      Mankind lose their way, some gone past their limit
      Am here to advice and to be a critic
      Be careful of the lifestyle you choose to exibit
      Children live what they learn
      Aren't you concerned
      of your choices in society
      We need to preserve the value of a male and a female in every family