Exodus International turns full focus on ministry, away from public policy

  • Laura
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2008
      I have no problem with this change I still hold the belief that
      there there should be a group seperate from ministry that fights for
      ex gays on the public square...a national orginsation.

      Laura

      Information from Dr.Throkcmortons blog

      http://wthrockmorton.com/

      I welcome this announcement - Exodus President Alan Chambers
      disclosed on ExgayWatch this evening that Exodus let their Director
      of Government Affairs go in August, 2007 and is going to concentrate
      on ministry. His personal blog contains additional personal
      reflections on a recent thread at XGW authored by Wendy Gritter,
      Director of New Direction ministry. Early in February, I was
      pleased to highlight Wendy's keynote address at the Exodus
      Leadership Conference where she called for a change of focus at
      Exodus.

      I believe additional shifts called for by Mrs. Gritter would be
      helpful, including steps to make resources more scientifically
      accurate. For now, I wholeheartedly commend the leadership of Exodus
      for these moves
    • Hal Carr
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2008
        I agree with you, Laura. Although politics of the issue can causes
        problems for some strugglers, there is a need for it in its proper
        place. All ministries for SSA strugglers don't do things the same way
        even. I am a christian and yet I have benefited from affiliations
        with organizations which are not just for Christians.

        If every organization pulls away from the political side of SSA, then
        there will be a void. I believe that God will raise up someone or
        people who will step forward. Their gifts will make room for their
        use.

        Galations 6:9 encourages, "And let us not grow weary while doing
        good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." For
        those who are in the public square, keep holding the mantle of
        freedom and true liberty, which comes through the Most High God.

        Hal Carr in MS

        --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <exgaydates@...>