Obama would use 'bully pulpit' to advance homosexual agenda

  • Thomas Morey
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2008
      This is a classic example of having much zeal without
      knowledge, and obviously missing the way. It is the
      typical emotional reaction, myopic focus, and
      emotional appeal to jump on the bandwagon of civil
      rights even against the sanctioning of informed human
      behavioral researchers (i.e., NARTH, rather than
      enabling and gladly ignorant human behavior
      professional guilds) and at the great risk and expense
      of society's moral fabric and community ethic. This is
      just the next step in the dissolution and social
      irrelevancy of the marital institution, after first
      no-fault divorce laws were instituted in 1969, and
      cohabitation in 1979. Future generations will continue
      to pay an even greater price.

      Doesn't Obama realize that we're not talking about a
      people identified by innate characteristics? GLBT
      people are defined not by something constitutional,
      but rather by their aberrant behaviors. This in itself
      is a red flag to not be so cavalier, as he is being.
      One must of course show forth tolerance, kindness, and
      have a sense of respect for all, no matter what kind
      of life one chooses to live; but sell society's vital
      soul via outright acceptance? Doesn't he realize that
      by sanctioning such behavior that intrinsically does
      not, and will not, fit and function naturally within
      such an institution, which research already clearly
      reveals (i.e., gay male relationships last on average
      1 1/2 to 2 years on average, and even in that
      relationship infidelity flourishes), let alone the
      confusion this brings to posterity, will just
      exacerbate the problems that we already face in
      society?

      Well, obviously even if he did know all this, so many
      who do and/or should know better (especially the
      silent human behavior profesionals) are communicating
      by their silence to him that it isn't such an issue as
      to necessitate a forewarning. After all, isn't
      individual rights, no matter what it is, more
      important than society's welfare and our future
      generations anyway? So why even bother considering
      important what science and our Judeo-Christian
      traditional values have to say about it? This is the
      precarious mentality that we are promoting today. Boy,
      are we, or should I say sadly our posterity, in for a
      rude awakening! How downright selfish we are!

      3/4/2008 7:30AM

      Obama would use 'bully pulpit' to advance homosexual
      agenda

      Fred Jackson
      OneNewsNow.com

      Pro-family leader Gary Bauer says Barack Obama has
      sent an open letter to the homosexual community which
      clearly outlines the senator's intent to use the power
      of the president's office to push a radical
      pro-homosexual agenda.

      In his daily e-mail on Monday, Bauer quotes several
      excerpts from Senator Obama's letter:

      "... throughout my career, I have fought to eliminate
      discrimination against LGBT Americans. In Illinois, I
      co-sponsored a fully inclusive bill that prohibited
      discrimination on the basis of both sexual orientation
      and gender identity, extending protection to the
      workplace, housing, and places of public
      accommodation. In the U.S. Senate, I have co-sponsored
      bills that would equalize tax treatment for same-sex
      couples and provide benefits to domestic partners of
      federal employees. And as president, I will place the
      weight of my administration behind the enactment of
      the Matthew Shepard Act to outlaw hate crimes and a
      fully inclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act to
      outlaw workplace discrimination on the basis of sexual
      orientation and gender identity. As your President, I
      will use the bully pulpit to urge states to treat
      same-sex couples with full equality in their family
      and adoption laws.

      "... I support the complete repeal of the Defense of
      Marriage Act (DOMA) -- a position I have held since
      before arriving in the U.S. Senate. While some say we
      should repeal only part of the law, I believe we
      should get rid of that statute altogether .... I have
      also called for us to repeal 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell,'
      and I have worked to improve the Uniting American
      Families Act so we can afford same-sex couples the
      same rights and obligations as married couples in our
      immigration system."

      Bauer says to show just how "radical and
      controversial" Obama's proposals are, in 1996 Congress
      passed the Defense of Marriage Act (342-67 in the
      House, 85-14 in the Senate), which was then signed
      into law by President Bill Clinton.

      As Bauer puts it: "So in order to get to Hillary's
      left with the most radical elements of the Democratic
      Party, Obama is willing to embrace a position
      overwhelmingly rejected by Congress, a Democratic
      president, and 27 states that have passed marriage
      protection amendments by an average vote of 69%."

      Be a better friend, newshound, and