acronyms used in SSA circles - 2nd attempt

  • Hal Carr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2008
      This is my second attempt to send this. I hope it shows up better. I've heard these acronyms being thrown around in different groups so I put them in a list. Maybe someone else could benefit.
      Hal in MS

      Acronyms Commonly Used to Address Same-Sex Attachment Matters

      1 ADD - Atention Deficit Disorder
      2 ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
      3 AIM - Adventure In Manhood (www.adventureinmanhood.com)
      4 CODA - Codependency Anonymous
      5 CR - Celebrate Recovery (www.celebraterecovery.com)
      6 D2 - Disciples2
      7 HA – Homosexuals Anonymous
      8 DTS – Dare To Soar
      9 IHF - International Healing Foundation (www.gaytostraight.org)
      10 I-group – Integration Group, which is formed after the initiation weekend, the NWTA.
      11 JIM - Journey Into Manhood (www.peoplecanchange.com)
      12 JONAH - Jews Offering New Alternatives to Homosexuality (www.jonahweb.org)
      13 LSI - Love, Sex, and Intimacy Healing Seminar Level I or Level II (www.gaytostraight.org)
      14 LWO – Love Won Out conference (www.lovewonout.com)
      15 M - Masturbation. Used sometimes in public posts to keep from saying the word.
      16 M12 – masturbation
      17 MMFC – Marked Men For Christ (http://markedmenforchrist.org)
      18 MKP, NWTA, NW, I-group, Warrior group(terms sometimes used interchangeably) - Mankind Project (www.mkp.org)
      19 MKP – Mankind Project
      20 NARTH - National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (www.narth.com)
      21 NW- New Warrior(s)
      22 NWTA – New Warrior Training Adventure
      23 OCD - obsessive compulsive disorder
      24 OSA - opposite sex attachment
      25 OSAD - opposite sex attachment disorder
      26 P – Pornography
      27 PATH - Positive Alternatives to Homosexuality (www.pathinfo.org)
      28 PCC - People Can Change (www.peoplecanchange.com)
      29 PFOX - Parents and Friends of Exgays and Gays (www.pfox.org)
      30 SA - sexaholics anonymous
      31 SAA - sex addicts anonymous
      32 SSA - same sex attachment also know as "same sex attraction"
      33 SSAD - same sex attatchment disorder

      Hal Carr
      Life Mission: I create a world of responsible mentors through modeling and affirmation.