[ExGDBd] Re: Author testifies about family issues in gay parenting (Part1)

  • ctickle777
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 16, 2007
      Thanks - this makes sense. Are there specific causes for these
      delayed emotional and sexual developments - or issues that prevent
      the progressive development of age-appropriate emotions and sexual
      functioning? I'm just wondering if any psychologists, etc., have
      been able to identify common characteristics, events, or other
      specific triggers that stifle an individual's development in these
      ways. I'm sure many have speculated on the possible causes but have
      any specific things been identified to your knowledge?

      Christa

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Paul Silen
      <p_csilen@...> wrote:

      > To answer your question:
      >
      > Arrested sexual development:
      > If you have ever met a boy or a girl in their mid to late teens
      who have not yet reached puberty, that's arrested physical
      development. Fortunately for these people they will eventually catch
      up. Arrested sexual development on the other hand is a different
      story. Think back on your own sexual development. The things that
      excited you as a child sexually changed though each stage of life.
      And as you grew up things that excited you at 10 didn't excite you
      ar 14. That changed again in your twenties and forties and so on.
      For the person with arrested sexual development suffers from this
      kind of syndrome. What excites him sexually in prepubescense stays
      that way and does not change. Unfortunately he never grows out of
      it, and has to pay a very high price for the rest of his life. This
      is where his behaviors manifest themselves in interests in same sex
      attraction, pedifelia, pornography, multiple partners and so on.

      > Preadolescent mindset:
      >
      > Even though many people who suffer from arrested sexual
      development are often hard working, intellegent, and successful in
      their careers, emotionally they are 13 or 14. often this is taxing
      on family and parenting skills. I hope that this answers your
      question.

> [...]
      > > Sounds like a very powerful article and book - we should
      > pray for
      > > her safety, and for others like her to come forward as well.
      > >
      > > I'm surprised that this woman did not experience SSA as well.
      > > Perhaps her book identifies this struggle in more detail. She
      > noted
      > > that she wished she were a "boy" growing up. Anyway, this is an
      > > interesting account from someone who has lived through this
      > > experience.
      > >
      > > Christa
      > >
      > > --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Morey
      > > <moreytom@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Author testifies of misery, family dysfunction that
      > > > comes from homosexual parenting
      > > > Jim Brown OneNewsNow.comNovember 21, 2007 Dawn
      > > > Stefanowicz
      > > >
      > > > A Christian woman from Canada has written a new book
      > > > that details the trauma she suffered during her
      > > > childhood as a result of her father's homosexual
      > > > behavior.
      > > > Hear this Report
      > > >
      > > > Dawn Stefanowicz recounts her story of growing up in a
      > > > homosexual home in Toronto, Canada, during the 1960s
      > > > in Out from Under: The Impact of Homosexual Parenting
      > > > (Annotation Press). Stefanowicz says she was prompted
      > > > to write the book back in 2004 after testifying before
      > > > a Canadian Senate committee against hate crime
      > > > legislation and expressing public opposition to sexual
      > > > diversity curriculum in her country's schools.
      > > >
      > > > The author and speaker says it was a painful and also
      > > > "healing" process to write down every detail she could
      > > > remember of being raised by a father who welcomed
      > > > numerous male sex partners into the family's home on a
      > > > regular basis. Stefanowicz says her father's
      > > > destructive homosexual behavior created sexuality
      > > > confusion in her life. In the book, she chronicles
      > > > how, as a young girl, she often wished she were a boy.
      > > >
      > > > "It's a very difficult thing to describe," she shares.
      > > > "You doubt your own sexuality because you're looking
      > > > at your parent's example. And for me, when I looked at
      > > > my father I did not feel affirmed as a young girl
      > > > growing up, nor as a woman. My own femininity was
      > > > denied in that kind of situation. Women were not
      > > > valued."
      > > >
      > > > Stefanowicz says she wrote the book with the knowledge
      > > > that other children in homosexual homes would also
      > > > come forward to "find truth and their own healing."
      > > >
      > > > "Children are impacted long-term in homosexual
      > > > environments -- not just while they're growing up, but
      > > > throughout their adulthood," says the author.
      > > > "Children [of homosexuals] who have been in touch with
      > > > me, even into their fifties and sixties, still
      > > > describe certain difficulties that they are facing
      > > > long-term."
      > > >
      > > > Stefanowicz says it was her faith in Jesus Christ that
      > > > enabled her to face her traumatic past and forgive her
      > > > father, who died of AIDS in 1991.

      > > > Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you

    • Paul Silen
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 17, 2007
        I did recently read an artical in a medical journal in a doctor's office not long ago. I wish I could remember which one. The doctor called me in his office before I could finish reading it. But it seemed to make a lot of sense, especially from drawing from my personal experiences. Maybe if we looked up "arrested sexual development" on the web, we might find some more scientific detail.

        ctickle777 <ctickle777@...> wrote: Thanks - this makes sense. Are there specific causes for these