Where can I find a nurturing site

  • cbfree3
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
      Hi, I'm not interested in political happenings concerning the exgay
      movement. I do need a place to meet other exgay guys who are struggling
      with the change and can encourage each other. Can anyone help me?
      Keeping my eyes on Christ, CB
    • cbfree3
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
          Hi,

          I know they are a group of very caring men who
          struggle with SSA and share and encourage each other

          --- cbfree3 <cbfree3@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I'm not interested in political happenings
          > concerning the exgay
          > movement. I do need a place to meet other exgay guys
          > who are struggling
          > with the change and can encourage each other. Can
          > anyone help me?
          > Keeping my eyes on Christ, CB

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Laura Miers
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
            Chris,

            You may want to check out the extensive links section, there are tons of groups there! Homosexual Anonymous has an online minstry to join you must first email them.

            This is the email adress hacontact@...

            cbfree3 <cbfree3@...> wrote:
            Hi, I'm not interested in political happenings concerning the exgay
            movement. I do need a place to meet other exgay guys who are struggling
            with the change and can encourage each other. Can anyone help me?
            Keeping my eyes on Christ, CB

          • Thomas Morey
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
              Thanks, nfttm.

              I was on that group for quite awhile and it is very
              good, indeed. Another one, cbfree3, is the yahoo!
              discussion group exgaymensministry.

              Many blessings to you.

              Tom
              --- nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote:

              > Hi,

              > I know they are a group of very caring men who
              > struggle with SSA and share and encourage each other
              >
              > --- cbfree3 <cbfree3@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Hi, I'm not interested in political happenings
              > > concerning the exgay
              > > movement. I do need a place to meet other exgay
              > guys
              > > who are struggling
              > > with the change and can encourage each other. Can
              > > anyone help me?
              > > Keeping my eyes on Christ, CB

              > protection around
              > http://mail.yahoo.com

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • chatha6232
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
                Hi. I can recommend exgayAlabama, a yahoo group. It's my group I just
                started it. Even if you're not from Alabama, hopefully this will be a
                forum for discussing with how we feel. I know in AL there are very
                few resources and very few pastors have the wisdom or, sadly, the
                concern we need.

                BUT apart from postings online, I HIGHLY recommend CELEBRATE
                RECOVERY. Go to their site. You can search for a chapter in your
                area. It is absolutely free to go to. It is for ANYONE with ANY issue
                (hurt, habit or hang-up) who wants/needs to be able to share. It is a
                safe place and I have made some of the best friends of my life at my
                chapter. There are share groups and a Christ-based step-study is
                available (also highly recommended). At Celebrate Recovery, the idea
                is multi-fold: 1) we are ALL broken, so No one need go it alone; 2)
                what is said at CR STAYS at CR; 3) Jesus loves US! We have an awesome
                band at ours, we cheer each other on (literally and loudly). We
                fellowship. Actually, it is most like what the church is supposed to
                be - and much better than most churches. We hear someone give their
                testimony every week instead of having a traditional "preacher." It
                is excellent!

                --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Morey
                <moreytom@...> wrote:

                > Thanks, nfttm.
                >
                > I was on that group for quite awhile and it is very
                > good, indeed. Another one, cbfree3, is the yahoo!
                > discussion group exgaymensministry.
                >
                > Many blessings to you.
                >
                > Tom
                > --- nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Hi,

                > > I know they are a group of very caring men who
                > > struggle with SSA and share and encourage each other
                > >
                > > --- cbfree3 <cbfree3@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > > Hi, I'm not interested in political happenings
                > > > concerning the exgay
                > > > movement. I do need a place to meet other exgay
                > > guys
                > > > who are struggling
                > > > with the change and can encourage each other. Can
                > > > anyone help me?
                > > > Keeping my eyes on Christ, CB

                > > protection around
                > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • John
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
                  THANKS for mentioning this program (Celebrate Recovery)..they approach ALL ISSUES alike..i.e. we are ALL broken, just in different ways, so treating a particular issue as something "special" is well.......duh......rather comical and outright absurd. It is abundantly clear that Christ never treated anyone's issues as special, so why should we.....we all know the answer.

                  John

                  <moreytom@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks, nfttm.
                  >
                  > I was on that group for quite awhile and it is very
                  > good, indeed. Another one, cbfree3, is the yahoo!
                  > discussion group exgaymensministry.
                  >
                  > Many blessings to you.
                  >
                  > Tom
                  > --- nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi,

                  > > I know they are a group of very caring men who
                  > > struggle with SSA and share and encourage each other
                  > >
                  > > --- cbfree3 <cbfree3@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Hi, I'm not interested in political happenings
                  > > > concerning the exgay
                  > > > movement. I do need a place to meet other exgay
                  > > guys
                  > > > who are struggling
                  > > > with the change and can encourage each other. Can
                  > > > anyone help me?
                  > > > Keeping my eyes on Christ, CB

                  > > protection around
                  > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                • cbfree3
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
                    Thanks guys.... I'll look at both and would really like to find some
                    guys who are fellow strugglers to encourage them and hopefully they
                    might encourage me. God bless!

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 29, 2007
                      you're welcome - God bless you too

                      --- cbfree3 <cbfree3@...> wrote:

                      > Thanks guys.... I'll look at both and would really
                      > like to find some
                      > guys who are fellow strugglers to encourage them and
                      > hopefully they
                      > might encourage me. God bless!
                      >
                      > --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Thomas
                      > Morey
                      > <moreytom@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thanks, nfttm.
                      > >
                      > > I was on that group for quite awhile and it is
                      > very
                      > > good, indeed. Another one, cbfree3, is the yahoo!
                      > > discussion group exgaymensministry.
                      > >
                      > > Many blessings to you.
                      > >
                      > > Tom
                      > > --- nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > Hi,
                      > > >
                      > > > Try
                      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Brothers-Keepers/
                      > > >

                      > > > I know they are a group of very caring men who
                      > > > struggle with SSA and share and encourage each
                      > other

                      > exgay
                      > > > guys
                      > Can

                      > > > protection around
                      > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                      > protection around
                      > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                    • chatha6232
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 30, 2007
                        There are probably untold numbers of us. But Alabama - to be the belt
                        buckle of the Bible belt - is not actually a safe place. Feel free to
                        join exgayAlabama if you wanna discuss things. I am trying to educate
                        people in Alabama, well, at least in my area. I get odd responses
                        though. Some people seem indifferent to the plight of us with SSA.
                        Others have tried to make me their poster boy for their ministry and
                        work with exgays... yeah right, like they had anything whatsoever to
                        do with me getting saved... but I can't get people to understand that
                        their opinions on the topic have no value. We need the Truth - and
                        without all the politics. Any ideas? Personally, i would LOVE - LOVE,
                        LOVE, LOVE - to have some openly 'exgay' friends to run with.

                        --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "chatha6232"
                        <chatha6232@...> wrote:

                        > Hi. I can recommend exgayAlabama, a yahoo group. It's my group I
                        just
                        > started it. Even if you're not from Alabama, hopefully this will be
                        > forum for discussing with how we feel. I know in AL there are very
                        > few resources and very few pastors have the wisdom or, sadly, the
                        > concern we need.
                        >
                        > BUT apart from postings online, I HIGHLY recommend CELEBRATE
                        > RECOVERY. Go to their site. You can search for a chapter in your
                        > area. It is absolutely free to go to. It is for ANYONE with ANY
                        issue
                        > (hurt, habit or hang-up) who wants/needs to be able to share. It is
                        > safe place and I have made some of the best friends of my life at
                        my
                        > chapter. There are share groups and a Christ-based step-study is
                        > available (also highly recommended). At Celebrate Recovery, the
                        idea
                        > is multi-fold: 1) we are ALL broken, so No one need go it alone; 2)
                        > what is said at CR STAYS at CR; 3) Jesus loves US! We have an
                        awesome
                        > band at ours, we cheer each other on (literally and loudly). We
                        > fellowship. Actually, it is most like what the church is supposed
                        > be - and much better than most churches. We hear someone give their
                        > testimony every week instead of having a traditional "preacher." It
                        > is excellent!
                        >

                        > --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Morey
                        > <moreytom@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Thanks, nfttm.
                        > >
                        > > I was on that group for quite awhile and it is very
                        > > good, indeed. Another one, cbfree3, is the yahoo!
                        > > discussion group exgaymensministry.
                        > >
                        > > Many blessings to you.
                        > >
                        > > Tom
                        > > --- nfttm <nfttm@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > Hi,

                        > > > I know they are a group of very caring men who
                        > > > struggle with SSA and share and encourage each other

                        > > > guys

                        > > > protection around
                        > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        > > http://mail.yahoo.com

                      • cbfree3
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 31, 2007
                          Thanks again, guys... I really appreciate your input and offering
                          sites and help. I would like to visit with some of you personally
                          after I get moved (in a week or so). I am serious about finding
                          friends to encourage and be encouraged by them as well. God bless you
                          all on your journey! CB