Every Good Gift Is From Above

  • R Todd
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
      A Devotion <list@...> wrote: Every Good Gift Is From Above

      JAMES 1:13,16,17 Weymouth
      13 Let no one say when passing through trial, "My temptation is
      from God;" for God is incapable of being tempted to do evil,
      and He Himself tempts no one.
      16 Do not be deceived, my dearly-loved brethren.
      17 Every gift which is good, and every perfect boon, is from
      above, and comes down from the Father, who is the source of all
      Light. In Him there is no variation nor the slightest
      suggestion of change.

      God is not doing evil that good may come from it.

      "Do not be deceived," the Bible tells us in verse 16 above.
      Obviously then, brethren CAN be deceived -- and many ARE.

      God is NOT the one behind the bad things happening. Storms,
      earthquakes, and tornados are not acts of my God. Only good
      comes down from my Father God -- and He does not change or vary
      from day to day.

      John 10:10 LB
      10 The thief's purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. My
      purpose is to give life in all its fullness.

      John 10:10 is the dividing line in the Bible. The purpose of
      the devil is made clear: to harm you. The purpose of the Lord
      is also clear: life in all its fullness -- life as God intended.

      Jesus is for you. The devil is against you. It's as simple as
      that.

      SAY THIS: The devil is against me, so I am against the devil.
      God is for me, so I submit to God.

    • Thomas Morey
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
        Thanks Todd.

        Now I am convinced that any so-called "Acts of God"
        should correctly be relabeled, say possibly as "Acts
        of the god of this world", since the evil one is in
        fact the efficient cause of natural disasters, not our
        Heavenly Father. Just as the PC crowd pushed for the
        inclusion of masculine names being assigned to
        hurricanes a couple decades ago, maybe ?someone? will
        start an active lobbying campaign to change this
        popular but misleading term in congress.

        Blessings,

        Tom

        http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/