re: my letter and the mayor's reply

  • Thomas Morey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2007
      My letter sent today, 07/31/07 at 12:30PM:

      Dear Mayor Naugle:

      I wanted to write you in order to thank you for your
      absolutely necessary and politically incorrect stand
      concerning the current public sex issue in Ft.
      Lauderdale. I'm sure you know very well that sometimes
      positions we take that are based on love and morality
      are not always appreciated.

      Just to let you know, I used to live a gay lifestyle
      in Ft. Lauderdale in the early 80's that at times did
      involve anonymous sexual encounters at adult book
      stores that I hear have closed down at least a decade
      ago, as well as the very park bathrooms that are now
      at the center of the latest controversy. Fortunately,
      God was merciful to me and I left that lifestyle and
      became a Christian. There's no doubt in my mind that
      if I had continued in the same pattern of sexual
      conduct for just a few more years, that I would have
      contracted HIV/AIDS and most likely had died as a very
      young man.

      So, Mayor Naugle, in closing, I wanted to encourage
      you in your stand for that which is not only right,
      but also demonstrates your care for the welfare of
      others.

      My best regards to you and your staff,

      Thomas J. Morey

      His reply:

      From: MAYORJAMES@...
      Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:58:34 EDT
      Subject: Re: park bathrooms controversy
      To: moreytom@...
      CC: SAli@...

      Thank you for letting me know your wonderful story.
      May God bless you.

      Jim

      http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/
    • nfttm
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
        Tom,

        I am so grateful for your courage and convictions -
        thank you for writing this letter and I echo the
        mayor's reply to you.

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      • ctickle777
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2007
          Awesome letter, Tom. The time you take to write these encouraging
          and supporting notes is greatly appreciated! WE ALL need to learn
          from you, as I believe this is an example of the greatest of all
          types of activism: moral support! God is so clearly working in and
          through you - in a very powerful way, and all to His glory!

          In Christ,
          Christa : )

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Morey