im 16 and a lesbian.. please help

  • Sierra Scrogham
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 21, 2007
      Im 16. Ive had these feelings since i was a little kid. Now that I have matured Ive realized that these feelings are wrong and not of God. I also realize what is going to happen if i continue to live this lifestyle. The thing is.. I dont know how to stop. Ive tried EVERYTHING. Ive tried praying and asking god for help, ive tried just not dating anyone. Ive cried Ive gotten mad.. I just dont know what to do. I was just wondering if any of you could please give me some advice on what to do.
      Thanx,
      Sierra

    • nfttm
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 21, 2007
        Hi Sierra,

        I am glad you wrote - just take a deep breath and know
        everyhing is going to be alright. Let me begin by
        asking you why YOU think it is wrong to act on these
        feelings you have - why would you not want to be in a
        same gendered relationship? Also, please STOP trying
        so hard to change how you feel and let's just talk
        about you and what you would like for your life and
        what you don't want for your life, ok? I am looking
        forward to hearing from you - thank you again for
        writing and sharing - we can ALL help each other :-)

        --- Sierra Scrogham <smilegurl_4u@...> wrote:

        > Im 16. Ive had these feelings since i was a little
        > kid. Now that I have matured Ive realized that these
        > feelings are wrong and not of God. I also realize
        > what is going to happen if i continue to live this
        > lifestyle. The thing is.. I dont know how to stop.
        > Ive tried EVERYTHING. Ive tried praying and asking
        > god for help, ive tried just not dating anyone. Ive
        > cried Ive gotten mad.. I just dont know what to do.
        > I was just wondering if any of you could please give
        > me some advice on what to do.
        >
        > Thanx,
        >
        > Sierra

        > removed]

      • smilegurl_4u
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 21, 2007
          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote:
          > Well I dont to be in relatonships with girls anymore because i
          know that its wrong and i know that its not pleasing in God's eyes.
          I love my God and want to please him in every way i can. I want to
          grow up and get married and have kids.I just want to have a normal
          life. One where Im not hated on site because of who I love. Most of
          all I just want to be happy. And this is just making me miserable
          and scared. Im scared that im going to die or He's going to come
          back and im not going to be ready.

          > Hi Sierra,
          >
          > I am glad you wrote - just take a deep breath and know
          > everyhing is going to be alright. Let me begin by
          > asking you why YOU think it is wrong to act on these
          > feelings you have - why would you not want to be in a
          > same gendered relationship? Also, please STOP trying
          > so hard to change how you feel and let's just talk
          > about you and what you would like for your life and
          > what you don't want for your life, ok? I am looking
          > forward to hearing from you - thank you again for
          > writing and sharing - we can ALL help each other :-)
          >
          > --- Sierra Scrogham <smilegurl_4u@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Im 16. Ive had these feelings since i was a little
          > > kid. Now that I have matured Ive realized that these
          > > feelings are wrong and not of God. I also realize
          > > what is going to happen if i continue to live this
          > > lifestyle. The thing is.. I dont know how to stop.
          > > Ive tried EVERYTHING. Ive tried praying and asking
          > > god for help, ive tried just not dating anyone. Ive
          > > cried Ive gotten mad.. I just dont know what to do.
          > > I was just wondering if any of you could please give
          > > me some advice on what to do.
          > >
          > > Thanx,
          > >
          > > Sierra

          > > removed]

          _______________
          someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        • ctickle777
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 21, 2007
            Hey Sierra,

            Wow, you're sixteen! That's awesome! You have so much life ahead of
            you, girl! First, before offering you any advice, I want to ask you
            a couple of questions.

            1.) Have you accepted Jesus Christ and committed your life to Him,
            and tried to "repent" of your sins, or turn from them? If so, I
            would love to hear about this experience. I can tell you have a true
            heart to please the Lord, which is so awesome and refreshing! And,
            you fear Him and His judgment. That is a good thing. I just wanted
            to ask you this question to first figure out where you are
            spirtually.

            2.) You said that you are really trying to change your feelings.
            What I want to tell you is that your feelings, though they FEEL
            REAL, they don't define or determine WHO YOU ARE. You are attracted
            to women. That is a fact. You feel bad for having this sexual
            orientation, so you recognize that your sexual orientation is not
            fulfilling God's design for your life. But, your feelings definitely
            have a hold on you at this point in time. You are NOT ALONE. We are
            all controlled by our feelings from time-to-time. So, don't feel
            like the lone Christian failure, okay? We all fall short.

            Although you have these feelings, and you are attracted to women,
            your feelings do not define who you are. In other words, God doesn't
            see you by way of your "sexual orientation," nor does He define you
            based on your feelings. Our world defines us that way, but God
            doesn't. So, try to relax and not stress over the possibility of
            going to hell. We'll get to that subject soon enough. Anyway, before
            I can really begin to discuss this with you, I need to first find
            out about your spiritual condition. If you have accepted Jesus
            Christ, please let me know how, when, where, etc., so I can begin to
            share with you about your REAL identity in Christ.

            Also, have you been able to locate any Exodus or Living Water groups
            in your geographical area? You will definitely want to get into a
            support group wherever you are, if at all possible. I'm not sure if
            your parents are aware of your struggle, or if you feel comfortable
            enough sharing with them. You do need support, though, so you won't
            have to struggle with this on your own.

            If, however, you are unsure about your salvation, which I think you
            might be based upon your post, I also want to address this with you
            so that you will be 100% confident that you will live in God's
            presence when you die.

            I look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, don't stress.
            You're going to be okay and God has allowed you to get to this place
            in your life. Although this is extremely tough and you feel helpless
            and possibly hopeless right now, He will carry you through this.

            In Christ,
            Christa : )

            --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "smilegurl_4u"

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 22, 2007
              Hi Sierra,

              I want to welcome you to our group as well. I have a son that will turn 25 soon who struggles with same-sex attraction. We had a nice long talk on IM last night and he opened up some more about his struggles. He was about 13 he said when he became attracted to two of his friends, but is still hung up on one in particular. Having these feelings were so disturbing to him and like you, he prayed, fasted, paid tithing etc. to have these feelings go away. He often felt like a freak. When he saw the movie, 'Sixth Sense' he could so relate to the young boy in the show. He had a secret and felt like a freak. What a terrible thing to go through alone and then feel like God is not answering you. It can make you angry and frustrated and rebellious. You can read a preview to our story at my link below. Do your parents know about your struggle? What are your parents like? We were a very religious family but my husband was overly strict and harsh and I think that effected my son. Many other factors like rejection from peers and girls had an impact. I am sure I made mistakes too.

              I believe that discovering contributing factors and getting therapy for psychological issues can be helpful. For the first time yesterday, my son said he wishes he had a good male therapist to talk to. He said he is willing to talk to our male therapist (My husband and I have been in therapy for marriage counseling this past year). He is so confused as to how he should live his life and has little faith in God right now. He also has been listening to the pro-gays so much and has bought into their mantras. So, I feel your pain and will pray for you. Start asking God 'What is the source of your SSA, instead of taking it away.' He will guide you.

              Bridget
              www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053<http://www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053>

              --- Sierra Scrogham <smilegurl_4u@...<mailto:smilegurl_4u%40yahoo.com>> wrote:

              > Im 16. Ive had these feelings since i was a little
              > kid. Now that I have matured Ive realized that these
              > feelings are wrong and not of God. I also realize
              > what is going to happen if i continue to live this
              > lifestyle. The thing is.. I dont know how to stop.
              > Ive tried EVERYTHING. Ive tried praying and asking
              > god for help, ive tried just not dating anyone. Ive
              > cried Ive gotten mad.. I just dont know what to do.
              > I was just wondering if any of you could please give
              > me some advice on what to do.
              >
              > Thanx,
              >
              > Sierra

              > removed]

            • nfttm
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
                Hi Sierra,

                If you are still checking in on this board, please let us know - I would like to keep talking with you about this whether it is on the board or privately.

                _______________

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
                  I just wanted to apologize for not replying or anything for the past few days.. I have been very busy with summer school and theatre camp and havent been too busy to get online at all. if any of you have aim my sn is rainbowsmiles09. i would love to talk to all of you.. thanx!

                  Hi Sierra,

                  If you are still checking in on this board, please let us know - I would like to keep talking with you about this whether it is on the board or privately.

                  smilegurl_4u <smilegurl_4u@...> wrote:
                  --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote:
                  > Well I dont to be in relatonships with girls anymore because i
                  know that its wrong and i know that its not pleasing in God's eyes.
                  I love my God and want to please him in every way i can. I want to
                  grow up and get married and have kids.I just want to have a normal
                  life. One where Im not hated on site because of who I love. Most of
                  all I just want to be happy. And this is just making me miserable
                  and scared. Im scared that im going to die or He's going to come
                  back and im not going to be ready.

                  > Hi Sierra,
                  >
                  > I am glad you wrote - just take a deep breath and know
                  > everyhing is going to be alright. Let me begin by
                  > asking you why YOU think it is wrong to act on these
                  > feelings you have - why would you not want to be in a
                  > same gendered relationship? Also, please STOP trying
                  > so hard to change how you feel and let's just talk
                  > about you and what you would like for your life and
                  > what you don't want for your life, ok? I am looking
                  > forward to hearing from you - thank you again for
                  > writing and sharing - we can ALL help each other :-)
                  >
                  > --- Sierra Scrogham <smilegurl_4u@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Im 16. Ive had these feelings since i was a little
                  > > kid. Now that I have matured Ive realized that these
                  > > feelings are wrong and not of God. I also realize
                  > > what is going to happen if i continue to live this
                  > > lifestyle. The thing is.. I dont know how to stop.
                  > > Ive tried EVERYTHING. Ive tried praying and asking
                  > > god for help, ive tried just not dating anyone. Ive
                  > > cried Ive gotten mad.. I just dont know what to do.
                  > > I was just wondering if any of you could please give
                  > > me some advice on what to do.
                  > >
                  > > Thanx,
                  > >
                  > > Sierra

                  > > removed]

                  someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.