Mike Jones' memoir is coming in June

  • emily47017
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
      http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6435279.html

      "Mixing the salacious with the substantive, Seven Stories Press is
      publishing I Had to Say Something: The Art of Ted Haggard's Fall, a
      memoir by Mike Jones, the male prostitute who publicly outed anti-gay
      minister Ted Haggard as a former client, which subsequently got
      Haggard removed from his post as head of the National Association of
      Evangelicals and pastor of his church.

      "Seven Stories is releasing the book, written with Sam Gallegos, in
      June, to coincide with Gay Pride Month, with an initial 50,000-copy
      printing. Seven Stories publisher Dan Simon expects the title will
      mean big things for the small press, noting that it's already
      attracting national media attention. He plans to send Jones on a
      12-city tour in June and July. "

      (for more, follow link)
    • nfttm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2007
        why can't this guy just get a real job instead of the
        kinds of things he does to "earn" money?

        --- emily47017 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6435279.html

        > "Mixing the salacious with the substantive, Seven
        > Stories Press is
        > publishing I Had to Say Something: The Art of Ted
        > Haggard's Fall, a
        > memoir by Mike Jones, the male prostitute who
        > publicly outed anti-gay
        > minister Ted Haggard as a former client, which
        > subsequently got
        > Haggard removed from his post as head of the
        > National Association of
        > Evangelicals and pastor of his church.
        >
        > "Seven Stories is releasing the book, written with
        > Sam Gallegos, in
        > June, to coincide with Gay Pride Month, with an
        > initial 50,000-copy
        > printing. Seven Stories publisher Dan Simon expects
        > the title will
        > mean big things for the small press, noting that
        > it's already
        > attracting national media attention. He plans to
        > send Jones on a
        > 12-city tour in June and July. "
        >
        > (for more, follow link)

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      • Thomas Morey
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2007
          How sad this is. All he knows at this time is that gay
          activists are pumping up his ego to continue in the
          "oldest profession" there is: prostitution. Only this
          time it's not only with his body, rather it's now
          making public appearances shamelessly and proudly
          telling others his disreputable story, and thereby
          selling his soul to the masses, as they cheer him on
          like a bunch of wild dogs. I do hope that at least
          this a street name that he has chosen, so that his
          parents don't have to carry the burden of shame for
          him.

          I hope someday that the Holy Spirit reveals to him
          that this mission he's on is really not against the
          deceitfulness and guile of a renowned, now fallen,
          evangelical figure, but the Lord of Hosts Himself!
          And, may he come to repentance and faith! Please pray
          for him.

          Blessings,

          Tom