list: What SSA is not

  • emily47017
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2007
      nfttm wrote:
      I was just reading a very interesting web site about bi-polar - on
      their main page they list many things but the one that really caught my
      interest was entitled "What Bi-Polar is Not". It lists things like -
      Bi-Polar is not a character flaw, etc. Anyway, wouldn't it be
      wonderful if we could list on the main pages of these support groups
      and associated web sites the same things about SSA? I am not referring
      to the behavior of same gender sex, rather the unwanted feelings that
      people are trying to either overcome or live beyond to have a quality
      and valued life in accordance with their beliefs. I also think it
      would give a certain ease and sense of security to those who are coming
      to the site to seek help, encouragement, and resources.

      i love this idea, and i for one could really benefit from a list like
      that. i'm a newcomer to this board and to the christian faith, and am
      hungry for as much info as y'all can provide.

      coincidentally (or not), i suffer from bi-polar illness as well as
      borderline personality disorder, both of which have as one of their
      symptoms "identity confusion". bisexuality is very common among people
      with these disorders.

      so what are some things that same-sex attraction is not?

      thank you!
      emily

    • nfttm
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2007