Re:Question for All Members

  • Steve Parker
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1 4:33 AM
      Hi Tom,
      Thanks for responding to the post and for sharing your insight. I've
      actually got one of Neil Anderson's books that I haven't read yet.
      I've heard good things about him and plan on reading his work after I
      get through the 2700 other books that I need to read!

      I actually read one of Leanne Payne's books while in prison but did
      not find it very helpful at the time. I'm sure, as with most
      ministries, her work and writing resonates with some more than others.

      I think you're right that our lack of appreciation for the role that
      generational iniquity plays in our spiritual development is connected
      with our short-sighted focus on our own needs. One writer who brings
      this out very well and I do endorse wholeheartedly is Arthur Burk
      with Plumbline Ministries and Amethyst Healing Concepts. His
      book "Relentless Generational Blessings" is full of insights on this
      subject.

      I'm not sure if any of our "distant" brethren among the Orthodox have
      any writings connected with this subject. Nor am I aware of anything
      by the early church fathers. It would be interesting to research it
      though!

      God's best for you Tom!

      Steve

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Morey
      <moreytom@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >
      > > "Desiring God" by John Piper
      > >

      > > These books helped lay a foundation for my
      > > deliverance by helping me
      > > understand that EVERYTHING in life that I need
      > > comes from the Lord.
      > > Freedom from SSA is a symptom of loving God. As we
      > > pursue Him and learn to
      > > walk in obedience to the little things, He will give
      > > us total freedom. This
      > > may come in a variety of ways, but only He knows the
      > > unique path that each
      > > individual needs to walk upon for their deliverance.
      > > But it WILL be
      > > revealed to us, step by step, as we follow Him. And
      > > He will show us where
      > > we need to obey. The key to overcoming our
      > > struggles may be the fact that
      > > we're still telling lies when He made it clear to us
      > > that He wants us to
      > > stop. Or He may have wanted us to stop eating
      > > chocolate cake. Or taking
      > > too many bathroom breaks at work. The point is,
      > > there are specific things
      > > that He wants us to do that will be revealed to us
      > > as we pursue Him. And as
      > > we obey Him in the little things that He shows us,
      > > more grace is given for
      > > the next thing. Until, before you know it, we are
      > > walking in a level of
      > > obedience that we never dreamed possible. And then,
      > > He is free to use us to
      > > do miracles, signs, and wonders. Oh yeah, that's
      > > freely given to those men
      > > and women who are willing to lay down their life,
      > > pick up their cross, and
      > > follow Him.
      > >

      > > Two other resources that I've found useful more
      > > recently. "Grace Walk" by
      > > Steve McVey, and "Loving Homosexuals as Jesus Would"
      > > by Chad Thompson.
      > > There's also an article titled "Freedom from
      > > Homosexual Confusion" by David
      > > Kyle Foster that's really good. It can be found in
      > > the book "How to
      > > Minister Freedom" by Doris Wagner.
      > >

      > > I'm still trying to find a good book on generational
      > > sin and its
      > > consequences, because deliverance from a
      > > generational curse is what ended up
      > > bringing total freedom in my life, after a
      > > foundation of obedience had been
      > > laid. There's some good stuff out there on the
      > > subject, but nothing that
      > > I'm really satisfied with. However, I think that
      > > we're going to do a pretty
      > > good job with it in the book that I'm currently
      > > coauthoring with Chad
      > > Thompson.
      > >

      > > Blessings,
      > >
      > > Steve Parker

      > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      > > Release Date: 4/27/2007
      > > 1:39 PM

      > > removed]
      > >

      > > Questions about the group? Contact our Director &
      > > Founder, Alan Levering, directly at: ncxds@...
      > >
      > > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS
      > > Ex-Gay Internet Christian Ministries
      > >
      > > MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on

    • Steve Parker
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1 4:46 AM
        Christa,

        I don't know about that... I'm getting a few years on me!

        Seriously though, thanks for the encouragement. Glad to be able to
        share something hopefully helpful. I certainly appreciate all the
        work you and Tom are doing with this board in Alan's absence.

        Excitement abounds here nowadays! One of those exciting things was
        the Exodus Regional Conference held weekend before last in Asheville
        at Ridgecrest. Janelle Hallman was the speaker. Awesome, awesome
        lady. Her insights into the development, and the healing, of SSA
        were right on! I learned SO much from her and was able to more
        clearly understand some of the things that the Lord has been teaching
        me about individual growth and personal development.

        Plus, I got to deepen some relationships recently formed with some of
        the folks from Truth Ministry in Spartanburg, SC and Hendersonville,
        NC. This is the closest Exodus ministry to where I live, (still
        about two hours away), and there are some great people connected with
        this organization. The head honcho is McCrae Game, who is also the
        Exodus overseer for the Mid-Atlantic Region. He is a great guy and
        has just a real calling to reach young people. I roomed with his
        assistant, who is named Richard Foster (any Celebration of Discipline
        fans out there?). It wasn't THE Richard Foster (although he would
        say that HE is THE Richard Foster), but he was a pretty cool guy in
        his own right. I could go on and on about these and other people
        there, but there's not enough time or space! But if anyone is
        seeking help in upstate SC or western NC, you need to check out Truth
        Ministry.

        Have a great day Christa! God bless you!

        Steve

        --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "ctickle777"
        <ctickle777@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Thompson.
        > > There's also an article titled "Freedom from Homosexual
        Confusion"
        > by David
        > > Kyle Foster that's really good. It can be found in the book "How
        > > Minister Freedom" by Doris Wagner.
        > >

        > > I'm still trying to find a good book on generational sin and its
        > > consequences, because deliverance from a generational curse is
        > what ended up
        > > bringing total freedom in my life, after a foundation of
        obedience
        > had been
        > > laid. There's some good stuff out there on the subject, but
        > nothing that
        > > I'm really satisfied with. However, I think that we're going to
        > do a pretty
        > > good job with it in the book that I'm currently coauthoring with

      • Frank R.Schoonover
        Message 3 of 15 , May 1 4:04 PM
          Dear Steve

          I cabn hardly wait for that book.I have been meaning to read Chad's
          book Loving Homosexuals As Jesus Would for quite a while.I just have
          not gotten around to purchasing the book so I can read it.But I will
          do so very soon.

          Thanks anyway for posting this.Please inform us when the book comes
          out so I can purchase it.Thanks.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover

          <sparker7@...> wrote:

> [...]
          Walk" by
          > Steve McVey, and "Loving Homosexuals as Jesus Would" by Chad
          Thompson.
          > There's also an article titled "Freedom from Homosexual Confusion"
          by David
          > Kyle Foster that's really good. It can be found in the book "How
          > Minister Freedom" by Doris Wagner.
          >

          > I'm still trying to find a good book on generational sin and its
          > consequences, because deliverance from a generational curse is
          what ended up
          > bringing total freedom in my life, after a foundation of obedience
          had been
          > laid. There's some good stuff out there on the subject, but
          nothing that
          > I'm really satisfied with. However, I think that we're going to
          do a pretty
          > good job with it in the book that I'm currently coauthoring with

          4/27/2007
          > 1:39 PM

        • Frank R.Schoonover
          Message 4 of 15 , May 3 4:32 PM
            Dear Christa & Group

            Here are my top 5 books regarding leaving the Gay lifestyle and the
            truth that I learned about the identity from them:

            You Don't Have To Be Gay:Hope & Freedom For Males Struggling With
            Homosexuality Or For Those Who Know Someone Who Is by Jeff(Bud)Konrad

            Coming Out Of Homoseuality by Bob Davies & Lori Rentzel

            Growth Into Manhood(Resuming The Journey)by Alan Medinger

            Reparative Therapy Of Male Homosexuality by Dr.Joseph Nicolosi

            Healing Homosexuality:Case Stories Of Reparative Therapy by
            Dr.Joseph Nicolosi w/assistance by Lucy Freeman

            These are not directly dealing with Homosexuality/Gayness/SSA but
            can be a help in it:

            Absent Fathers,Lost Sons:The Search For Masculine Identity by Guy
            Corneau

            Healing The Unaffirmed:Recognizing Emotional Deprivation Disorder
            by Conrad Baars & Anna Terruwe

            Your Inner Child Of The Past by W.Hugh Misseldine(sp)

            I just wanted to share because the question was
            asked.Thanks.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover

            <ctickle777@...> wrote:

            > Hey Guys! I know I have posted similar questions before, but what
            > am wondering is this:
            >
            > What five books/articles/journal resources do you (personally)
            > believe are the most informative and helpful books regarding
            > spiritual transformation or leaving the ex-gay lifestyle? (Apart
            > from the Bible).
            >
            > I am trying to read more as I am preparing to share some info.
            with
            > a really good friend of mine who is in the gay lifestyle. So,
            > regardless your gender or ethnicity, please share your top five
            > favorite and most personally valuable resources with the loop, and
            > share briefly why they impacted your life. If a research article
            was
            > invaluable to you, share it as well. My question isn't limited to
            > books, interviews, or journal articles: if someone approached you
            > and shared a personal testimony, include that experience as well.
            >
            > I'm sure sharing this information with one another will be of
            great
            > benefit to others within the forum as well.
            >
            > Thanks so much!!
            > -Christa

          • Thomas Morey
            Message 5 of 15 , May 5 8:18 AM
              Dear members:

              I got permission from an ex-gay ministry in Moscow,
              Russia to let you all know that they are in need of
              ex-gay literature and book donations. Please send them
              a list of the materials that you would like to donate
              to their ministry via international mail by sending
              them first your list offer notice to the address
              below. They'll get back to you ASAP then which
              materials on your list they are requesting. I'm
              already sending them the following:

              1) "Strength In Weakness" by Andy Comiskey (founder of
              Living Waters program)
              2) "The Living Waters Program Workbook" by Andy
              Comiskey
              3) "The Bondage Breaker" by Rev. Neil Anderson
              4) "Crisis In Masculinity" by Leanne Payne

              There e-mail address is: "Vladimir"
              <info@...>

              Blessings,

              Tom

              --- "Frank R.Schoonover" <frschoonover@...>

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Laura Miers
              Message 6 of 15 , May 5 8:59 AM
                Thomas,

                This coul dbe agreat ministry to start
                I know people would contribute!
                You could stock and ship books
                relating to homosexuality around
                the world to minstries and pastors!
                People could send you old books.

                Great ministry idea!!

                wrote:

                > Dear Christa & Group
                >
                > Here are my top 5 books regarding leaving the Gay
                > lifestyle and the
                > truth that I learned about the identity from them:
                >
                > You Don't Have To Be Gay:Hope & Freedom For Males
                > Struggling With
                > Homosexuality Or For Those Who Know Someone Who Is
                > by Jeff(Bud)Konrad
                >
                > Coming Out Of Homoseuality by Bob Davies & Lori
                > Rentzel
                >
                > Growth Into Manhood(Resuming The Journey)by Alan
                > Medinger
                >
                > Reparative Therapy Of Male Homosexuality by
                > Dr.Joseph Nicolosi
                >
                > Healing Homosexuality:Case Stories Of Reparative
                > Therapy by
                > Dr.Joseph Nicolosi w/assistance by Lucy Freeman
                >
                > These are not directly dealing with
                > Homosexuality/Gayness/SSA but
                > can be a help in it:
                >
                > Absent Fathers,Lost Sons:The Search For Masculine
                > Identity by Guy
                > Corneau
                >
                > Healing The Unaffirmed:Recognizing Emotional
                > Deprivation Disorder
                > by Conrad Baars & Anna Terruwe
                >
                > Your Inner Child Of The Past by W.Hugh
                > Misseldine(sp)
                >
                > I just wanted to share because the question was
                > asked.Thanks.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover
                >

                > --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com,
                > "ctickle777"
                > <ctickle777@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hey Guys! I know I have posted similar questions
                > before, but what
                > > am wondering is this:
                > >
                > > What five books/articles/journal resources do you
                > (personally)
                > > believe are the most informative and helpful books
                > regarding
                > > spiritual transformation or leaving the ex-gay
                > lifestyle? (Apart
                > > from the Bible).
                > >
                > > I am trying to read more as I am preparing to
                > share some info.
                > with
                > > a really good friend of mine who is in the gay
                > lifestyle. So,
                > > regardless your gender or ethnicity, please share
                > your top five
                > > favorite and most personally valuable resources
                > with the loop, and
                > > share briefly why they impacted your life. If a
                > research article
                > was
                > > invaluable to you, share it as well. My question
                > isn't limited to
                > > books, interviews, or journal articles: if someone
                > approached you
                > > and shared a personal testimony, include that
                > experience as well.
                > >
                > > I'm sure sharing this information with one another
                > will be of
                > great
                > > benefit to others within the forum as well.
                > >
                > > Thanks so much!!
                > > -Christa

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Thomas Morey
                Message 7 of 15 , May 7 10:58 AM
                  Sounds like a great idea, Laura.

                  Do you have someone in mind that could volunteer here
                  to be in charge of stock and distribution of books?
                  Sadly, I'm really limited space and time-wise for now.

                  And, do you think a non-profit organization is indeed
                  workable, rather than having to organize as a
                  wholesale outfit, or even retail? Regeneration books
                  from the ministry in Baltimore, MD was an ex-gay
                  retail book distributor for decades, until just
                  recently. Exodus appears to be more its replacement
                  now, but doesn't seem to stock in archival fashion
                  much, if any, of the older published material. It also
                  seems that CBD (Christian Book Distributors) do not
                  carry hardly any books that are directly, even
                  indirectly, related to SSAs. The implicit message here
                  appears to be that they are more than happy to just
                  refer inquiries to Exodus, NARTH, or some other group
                  that I'm not aware of. Does anyone here know of other
                  distributors?

                  Please elaborate on your ideas with a reply, as soon
                  as you can. This is such a good idea that you raised,
                  and there's possibly some inquiring minds here that
                  would like to know just how they can be involved in
                  some way.

                  Blessings,

                  Tom

                  Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.
                • ctickle777
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 9 2:41 PM
                    Wow! Thanks, Frank! These are great resources!

                    I hope to compile a "master list" at some point, and will share it
                    with the group.

                    Blessings in Christ,
                    Christa : )

                    --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Frank R.Schoonover"
                    <frschoonover@...> wrote:

                    > Dear Christa & Group
                    >
                    > Here are my top 5 books regarding leaving the Gay lifestyle and
                    the
                    > truth that I learned about the identity from them:
                    >
                    > You Don't Have To Be Gay:Hope & Freedom For Males Struggling With
                    > Homosexuality Or For Those Who Know Someone Who Is by Jeff(Bud)
                    Konrad

                    > Coming Out Of Homoseuality by Bob Davies & Lori Rentzel
                    >
                    > Growth Into Manhood(Resuming The Journey)by Alan Medinger
                    >
                    > Reparative Therapy Of Male Homosexuality by Dr.Joseph Nicolosi
                    >
                    > Healing Homosexuality:Case Stories Of Reparative Therapy by
                    > Dr.Joseph Nicolosi w/assistance by Lucy Freeman
                    >
                    > These are not directly dealing with Homosexuality/Gayness/SSA but
                    > can be a help in it:
                    >
                    > Absent Fathers,Lost Sons:The Search For Masculine Identity by Guy
                    > Corneau
                    >
                    > Healing The Unaffirmed:Recognizing Emotional Deprivation Disorder
                    > by Conrad Baars & Anna Terruwe
                    >
                    > Your Inner Child Of The Past by W.Hugh Misseldine(sp)
                    >
                    > I just wanted to share because the question was
                    > asked.Thanks.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover
                    >

                    > --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "ctickle777"
                    > <ctickle777@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hey Guys! I know I have posted similar questions before, but
                    what
                    > > am wondering is this:
                    > >
                    > > What five books/articles/journal resources do you (personally)
                    > > believe are the most informative and helpful books regarding
                    > > spiritual transformation or leaving the ex-gay lifestyle? (Apart
                    > > from the Bible).
                    > >
                    > > I am trying to read more as I am preparing to share some info.
                    > with
                    > > a really good friend of mine who is in the gay lifestyle. So,
                    > > regardless your gender or ethnicity, please share your top five
                    > > favorite and most personally valuable resources with the loop,
                    and
                    > > share briefly why they impacted your life. If a research article
                    > was
                    > > invaluable to you, share it as well. My question isn't limited
                    > > books, interviews, or journal articles: if someone approached
                    you
                    > > and shared a personal testimony, include that experience as
                    well.

                    > > I'm sure sharing this information with one another will be of
                    > great
                    > > benefit to others within the forum as well.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks so much!!
                    > > -Christa

                  • Frank R.Schoonover
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 10 3:45 PM
                      Dear Christa

                      You're very welcome.Glad to be of help.I hope to see that list
                      soon.Sincerely Frank R.Schoonover

                      <ctickle777@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > with
                      > > > a really good friend of mine who is in the gay lifestyle. So,
                      > > > regardless your gender or ethnicity, please share your top
                      five
                      > > > favorite and most personally valuable resources with the loop,
                      > and
                      > > > share briefly why they impacted your life. If a research
                      article
                      > > was
                      > > > invaluable to you, share it as well. My question isn't limited
                      > > > books, interviews, or journal articles: if someone approached
                      > you
                      > > > and shared a personal testimony, include that experience as
                      > well.
                      > > >
                      > > > I'm sure sharing this information with one another will be of
                      > > great
                      > > > benefit to others within the forum as well.

                    • nfttm
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 4, 2007
                        --- ctickle777 <ctickle777@...> wrote:

                        > Hey Guys! I know I have posted similar questions
                        > before, but what I
                        > am wondering is this:
                        >
                        > What five books/articles/journal resources do you
                        > (personally)
                        > believe are the most informative and helpful books
                        > regarding
                        > spiritual transformation or leaving the ex-gay
                        > lifestyle? (Apart
                        > from the Bible).
                        >
                        > I am trying to read more as I am preparing to share
                        > some info. with
                        > a really good friend of mine who is in the gay
                        > lifestyle. So,
                        > regardless your gender or ethnicity, please share
                        > your top five
                        > favorite and most personally valuable resources with
                        > the loop, and
                        > share briefly why they impacted your life. If a
                        > research article was
                        > invaluable to you, share it as well. My question
                        > isn't limited to
                        > books, interviews, or journal articles: if someone
                        > approached you
                        > and shared a personal testimony, include that
                        > experience as well.
                        >
                        > I'm sure sharing this information with one another
                        > will be of great
                        > benefit to others within the forum as well.
                        >
                        > Thanks so much!!
                        > -Christa

                        Looking for earth-friendly autos?
                        http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/