  • nfttm
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
      December 31, 2006

      VERSE:
      This is what the Lord says, ... "Forget the former things; do
      not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs
      up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and
      streams in the wasteland."
      -- Isaiah 43:16,18-19
      http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Isaiah+43:16,18-19

      THOUGHT:
      The year is gone, finished, past. We cannot reclaim it or undo
      it. We cannot rest on the great distance it has brought us. If
      tomorrow dawns, it will be another day, a new opportunity, and the
      time to show our faith in Jesus as Lord. Let's journey forward,
      knowing that God already inhabits the future and promises to
      provide us refreshment on our journey there.

      PRAYER:
      Lord of all eternity, please help me to learn from my mistakes
      this past year, but not to dwell on them. Please help me not rest
      on my accomplishments in this past year, but use them to further
      your work in me and through me. Please help me not quarrel with
      those who injured me yesterday, last month, or this past year.
      Instead, O Father, lead me in your paths and help me see your
      mighty works this next year. In Jesus' name and by his power I ask
      it. Amen.
    • JOSE
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
        > VERSE:
        > This is what the Lord says, ... "Forget the former things; do
        > not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs
        > up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and
        > streams in the wasteland."
        > -- Isaiah 43:16,18-19
        > http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Isaiah+43:16,18-
        19

        Dear brother: someone who struggles against SSA told me once, that
        I was programmed to live in the past. Your declaration is beautiful
        and full of sincerity. I have similar goals this year.

        > PRAYER:
        > Lord of all eternity, please help me to learn from my mistakes
        > this past year, but not to dwell on them. Please help me not rest
        > on my accomplishments in this past year, but use them to further
        > your work in me and through me. Please help me not quarrel with
        > those who injured me yesterday, last month, or this past year.
        > Instead, O Father, lead me in your paths and help me see your
        > mighty works this next year. In Jesus' name and by his power I ask
        > it. Amen.

        Allow me to make this prayer mine.

        your Jose