Scripture Of The Day and Daily Devotional - 12012006 - day 335 *****Judges*****

  • PTW
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      December 1, 2006

      KJV - (King James Version)

      NIV - (New International Version)

      BBE - (Bible in Basic English)

      Scripture of the Day

      Matthew 5:14-15

      14) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be
      hid.

      15) Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a
      candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. (KJV)

      14You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.
      15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put
      it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. (NIV)

      5:14 You are the light of the world. A town put on a hill may be seen by
      all. 5:15 And a burning light is not put under a vessel, but on its table;
      so that its rays may be shining on all who are in the house. (BBE)

      Daily Devotional

      Verses for the Day:

      Proverbs 29:12-14

      12) If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants are wicked.
      13) The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lighteneth both
      their eyes.
      14) The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, his throne shall be
      established for ever. (KJV)

      12If a ruler listens to lies, all his officials become wicked. 13The poor
      man and the oppressor have this in common: The LORD gives sight to the eyes
      of both. 14If a king judges the poor with fairness, his throne will always
      be secure. (NIV)

      29:12 If a ruler gives attention to false words, all his servants are
      evil-doers. 29:13 The poor man and his creditor come face to face: the Lord
      gives light to their eyes equally. 29:14 The king who is a true judge in the
      cause of the poor, will be safe for ever on the seat of his power. (BBE)

      Thoughts for the Day:

      These verses from Proverbs tell us that a wicked ruler will have wicked
      officials around him; also, that God gives light to both the poor and the
      deceitful; and a king that judges faithfully will have a throne that is
      secure.

      Reading verse 12 we know that a ruler who keeps company with those who lie,
      are also corrupt themselves. People, who are wicked, do not want men of
      integrity around them, so the officials they choose to serve them will also
      be wicked. It goes back to the old adage, "birds of a feather flock
      together."

      Verse 13 tells us that the poor and the deceitful have this in common --
      they both receive their light from God. All of mankind has been bestowed
      with certain things that come only from God; light is one of those gifts.
      The Lord made no distinctions as to which kind of people would be given the
      gift of his creation. He made it for all of mankind, even those who do not
      acknowledge that it came from the hand of God. He is the one who created men
      with eyes to see light, mountains, valleys, rivers, grass, trees, animals
      and all of the rest of His creation. He also causes the sun to shine on the
      good and evil, and sends rain on the just and unjust. He is a God that loves
      all of His creation and tells us, as His children, to love our enemies and
      overcome evil with good.

      Matthew 5:43-45

      43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and
      hate thine enemy.
      44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do
      good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you,
      and persecute you;
      45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he
      maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the
      just and on the unjust. (KJV)

      43You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.
      44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
      45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise
      on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the
      unrighteous. (NIV)

      5:43 You have knowledge that it was said, Have love for your neighbour, and
      hate for him who is against you: 5:44 But I say to you, Have love for those
      who are against you, and make prayer for those who are cruel to you; 5:45 So
      that you may be the sons of your Father in heaven; for his sun gives light
      to the evil and to the good, and he sends rain on the upright man and on the
      sinner. (BBE)

      God has gifted men with natural gifts so that we all contribute to the world
      order. He made each person uniquely different from every other person.
      Just as no snowflake is like another one, we are all created differently.
      Every person that God created, He also has a plan for that person's life.
      Men do not understand that purpose until they turn their lives over to God.
      In God's original plan, He created a perfect garden (the Garden of Eden) for
      Adam and Eve (the first man and woman) to live and work in, and enjoy
      fellowship their Creator. Because they disobeyed God, sin entered into this
      perfect place and they fell from grace. God then instigated His plan of
      redemption by sending His Son, Jesus Christ, into the earth to live a
      sinless life and die on a cross to atone for the sins of all mankind.
      Through the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, all men and women can
      now be restored back to God if they repent, and accept what Jesus did for
      them, and surrender to the will of God.

      When an individual does give his life to the Lord, he then will also receive
      spiritual gifts, as well as the natural gifts that God gives to each one. In
      the natural, we are given eyes to see the light of the sun; in the spiritual
      realm, we are given spiritual eyesight to see the things of God.

      Looking at Proverbs 29:14 we see that when a good man reigns, he will
      faithfully judge the poor and make decisions that will help them. By doing
      this, the people will respect and love him, thus ensuring a continuous reign
      that is well established. We are repeatedly reminded in the book of
      Proverbs about the blessings that righteousness produces, versus the curses
      that come when people are wicked.

      Prayer for the Day:

      Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the many gifts You have given to us,
      as Your children. I do appreciate eyes to see Your beautiful creation. I am
      grateful that You gave us so many things to see and enjoy in this earth. I
      also thank You for the gifts You have given to me personally. I know that
      You have given me the gift of spreading Your Word to others and I am
      grateful. I am also humbled that You would use me to share the revelations
      You have given me with Your people. Lord, I dedicate my life and gifts to
      Your work. Please use them to bring glory to Your Name. I ask this in the
      name of Jesus. Amen.

      Keep each other in PrAyer and display HuMility. Have a BlEssed day and stay
      ENcourage.

      God is Good All the Time!!!

      Scripture Of The Day and Daily Devotional are sent out Daily via email. If
      you would like to add any of your family members or friends to this
      distribution list, just reply to the email address listed below with their
      full email address and they will start receiving the Word Of God in the
      future. If you want your email address remove from this distribution list,
      please reply to the email address listed below requesting for your email
      address to be removed. Thank you.

      Stay Blessed,

      Riley

      <mailto:pass_the_word@...> pass_the_word@...