Help for transgendered people/crossdressers

  • friendofnsf
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2006
      I am a moderator on another web site. A young man posted to say that while he is very
      atracted to females, he feels like he is a "woman trapped in a man's body."

      All the resources he's been able to find are for people seeking freedom from homosexuality.
      He isn't one, unless he has the surgery, and in that case, I guess he'd be a lesbian.

      We'd like to post some links to help this young man and others because if we don't, there are
      many people in the world only too eager to tell him, "This is who you are. Accept it."

      Anything to suggest?
    • laempresadeserhombre
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 27, 2006
        Hi:
        I am Jose, I am happy to be here again. During spring 2004 I emerged
        from a situation very similar to the one described in this post.

        I will not enter into details, but I am much better now, learning to
        handle the gender I was assigned with at my birth (creation as an
        individual).

        Unfortunately, I was too bewildered with women since I was a child.
        May be growing withouth my mother (whom I met until I was 29), may be
        growing under the guidance of widows, may be having an indifferent
        father, may be undergoing sexual harassement from women, may be .......
        so many situations that can probably pose a human being in such sort of
        dilemma.

        I could not understand the differences among women and men, and at a
        time of crisis I thought changing my gender (from male to female) was
        the solution to my emotional handicap.

        My friends told me not to change, at the starting point of my own road,
        since women suffer more than men. This is true, it was true then and
        it is true now. Society will make a big obstacle for a person who
        decides to make such a change.

        I can say, after making a lot of the change on my own: DO NOT CHANGE
        AT ALL.

        It will not be rewarding, and it will be a source of trouble if what
        you are looking for is deliverance.

        Now, I have been learning, under a discipline of prayer and service,
        the marvelous plan Jesus had when He created me a male.

        People who have made such a change (including me) would not agree to
        tell a new-comer to think it twice. It is a matter of satisfaction, I
        am satisfied with my "re-admission" in male world.

        But ahead, one must be sincere enough to understand that none is
        expelling one from "male world" (or "female world" if that was the
        situation). God, the merciful and loving entity who created us the way
        we look like, is not interested in posing us before extra-difficulties
        in our sex life.

        He is satisfied with the way we look like, and the way we can grow,
        when He sends us to life outside the womb.

        Think it twice, and after that, think it over again, it is my advice.
        May be now I can feel pressed, inside and outside my sex life, but in
        time many answers arise. Healing becomes a matter of patience then.

        yours

        Jose
      • friendofnsf
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 28, 2006
          Jose, thank you for sharing your testimony.

          The young man has not been back to our "one stop thread" (probably
          because so many people are trying to turn it into a discussion on
          whether women should wear pants!) but if he is reading, I am sure he
          would find your post helpful.

          Would you kindly pray about posting it here?

          http://faithcommunitynetwork.com/Transgenderism%
          2fCrossdressing_One_Stop_thread/m_1895975/tm.htm
        • laempresadeserhombre
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
            Hi brother:
            Since I am too "new" in this second epoch of mine, I can only add
            that I will be glad if you guide me to post my testimony in a site
            devoted to help crossdressers and transgenders, from both sexes.
            I am almost 47, married and father of a beautiful (and
            understanding) 8 years old girl.
            When I decided to go on crossdressing and postop, so to speak, I
            believed I was doing the best for "myself".
            I actually had to ask my wife, and my daughter..., therefore, in
            time I had to understand the depth of my own egotism and egoic trips.
            Doing such a research on oneself is not easy, sometimes it requires
            the assistance of more than one prepared person.
            I begun doing it sharing poetry with a friend at South America. The
            EXGAY DISCUSSION BOARD did not approve my adventure, and time proved
            my EXGAY CREW WAS RIGHT.
            I will not put details about the painful experience I had in South
            America. It took me almost 2 years to understand that my bros and
            sis' were more than 100 percent wise in their comments.
            I stubbornly went to South America and posed my health in risk more
            than once. The spiritual rewards were few, and they did not come
            from the person I was considering my friend.
            Nevertheless, in the process I begun watching at the shadow I threw
            on my family, my job, my spiritual relation with the Creator. It
            took HIV (something as painful as HIV) to make me react against my
            ego-tripping tendency.
            I understand this: it is completely unnecessary to create an agenda
            for things such as crossdressing, it is a waste of time. If someone
            does a thing like that, it is because he became a fan of such a
            carnival-like way of life.
            A young man (or woman) would not understand a posture like mine, if
            he (or she) is inside crossdressing.
            Crossdressing has the potential to create such addictive behaviour
            in humans.
            Transgendered people are often misunderstood as crossdressers. In
            my view transgenderism is somewhat different and less rewarding
            after the time. Why?
            Transgenderism involves modification of human DNA. I remember the
            way I begun to "feel comfortable" with pink tones, after a couple of
            months under estrogen intake.
            Such a DNA modifications are beyond the temporary pleasure a
            crossdresser gets with clothing.
            Transgenders should be considered one of the most vulnerable
            populations inside GLBT communities. Estrogens and progestines can
            move the human brain of a male towards bizarre episodes of
            depression and heavy mental confusion.
            It took almost a year to me, to feel free from the influence of
            femenine hormones in my organism. Returning to a "male brain" state
            is not exactly pleasant, when the person has lived under femenine
            hormones for a long time.
            To me, at that time (4 or 5 months after stopping the ingest of
            estrogens), some pastors and friendly people seemed too "pushy".
            The first year after abandoning intoxication with "the other sex"
            hormones is critical.
            Ministries seeking the relief of such people, like me and others,
            should get well informed about this detoxication period, and should
            utilize such a knowledge to improve counseling and guidance towards
            a more stable period of life.
            Christians in relief, be they crossdressers, transgenders or gay
            people, are basically living entities and the ministers trained to
            help them should be very dynamic and open minded, in terms of this
            biological and neurological variables.
            For the mean time, keep my testimonies, this is why I came back to
            this BOARD.
            Respects
            from
            Jose