God Is A Healer

  • rtz3
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2006
      A Devotion <list@...> wrote: God Is A Healer

      EXODUS 15:26 NRSV
      26 ...for I am the LORD who heals you."

      When God first revealed Himself to the people of Israel after
      their deliverance from Egypt, He called Himself "the Lord Who
      Heals."

      He didn't just describe Himself as a healer -- He actually gave
      Himself that name. One of God's names is "The One Who Heals" or
      we could just say "Healer."

      Certainly God heals physically. Yet we should not limit our
      thinking on this. God heals, or makes whole and sound,
      everything that He touches. (So, if we need healing, our plan
      should be to get closer to God.)

      The idea of making whole and sound is what we should focus on.

      God, by His nature, makes things whole. He IS a healer. A
      healer of bodies, of minds, of relationships, of nations --
      whatever needs making whole and sound.

      The important point is to realize that we need not convince God
      to heal, because that is His very nature.

      No wonder that when Jesus of Nazareth, who was God in the
      flesh, came along that:

      MATTHEW 4:23 NRSV
      23 Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues
      and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and curing every
      disease and every sickness among the people.

      SAY THIS: I serve the God who heals. My God is a healer.

      To stop receiving these daily messages, click or go here...
      http://adevotion.org/cgi-bin/email/mlm.cgi?d=rtz3@...

    • R Todd