Scripture Of The Day and Daily Devotional - 11012006 - day 305 *****Judges*****

  • PTW
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2006
      November 1, 2006

      KJV - (King James Version)

      NIV - (New International Version)

      BBE - (Bible in Basic English)

      Scripture of the Day

      1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

      16) Rejoice evermore.

      17) Pray without ceasing.

      18) In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus
      concerning you. (KJV)

      16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances,
      for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

      5:16 Have joy at all times. 5:17 Keep on with your prayers. 5:18 In
      everything give praise: for this is the purpose of God in Christ Jesus for
      you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 BBE)

      Daily Devotional

      Verses for the Day:

      Proverbs 27:11

      11) My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that
      reproacheth me. (KJV)

      11Be wise, my son, and bring joy to my heart; then I can answer anyone who
      treats me with contempt. (NIV)

      27:11 My son, be wise and make my heart glad, so that I may give back an
      answer to him who puts me to shame. (BBE)

      Thoughts for the Day:

      This verse from Proverbs is a father's charge to his son to be wise so that
      there will be no charges against him as to how he raised his son. In an hour
      when so many children are rising up in rebellion against their parents, this
      would still be the same charge to young people today. Some of the younger
      generation is so full of rebellion that many parents are suffering the
      reproach of their children's actions. One cause of rebellion in children is
      because the home is not in Biblical order. One of the main causes for this
      rebellion is an evil spiritual force of female domination. In the following
      verses the divine order for families is stated:

      1 Corinthians 11:3

      3) But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the
      head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. (KJV)

      3Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the
      head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (NIV)

      11:3 But it is important for you to keep this fact in mind, that the head of
      every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of
      Christ is God. (BBE)

      Ephesians 5:22-25

      22) Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
      23) For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of
      the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
      24) Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to
      their own husbands in every thing.
      25) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and
      gave himself for it. (KJV)

      22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the
      head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he
      is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should
      submit to their husbands in everything. 25Husbands, love your wives, just as
      Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her (NIV)

      5:22 Wives, be under the authority of your husbands, as of the Lord. 5:23
      For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ is the head of the
      church, being himself the saviour of the body. 5:24 And as the church is
      under Christ's authority, so let wives be under the rule of their husbands
      in all things. 5:25 Husbands, have love for your wives, even as Christ had
      love for the church, and gave himself for it; (BBE)

      Ephesians 6:1-4

      1) Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
      2) Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with
      promise;
      3) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
      4) And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in
      the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (KJV)

      1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2Honor your
      father and mother-which is the first commandment with a promise- 3that it
      may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.
      4Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the
      training and instruction of the Lord. (NIV)

      6:1 Children, do what is ordered by your fathers and mothers in the Lord:
      for this is right. 6:2 Give honour to your father and mother (which is the
      first rule having a reward), 6:3 So that all may be well for you, and your
      life may be long on the earth. 6:4 And, you fathers, do not make your
      children angry: but give them training in the teaching and fear of the Lord.
      (BBE)

      The husband is the head, and then the wife is second in command, with the
      children in obedience to them. When the woman seeks to usurp this authority
      and rule the home, havoc results and the home is left wide open for satanic
      attack. Fathers who do not take their godly position in the home are also at
      fault. Children are told to honor and respect their parents, not rise up
      against them.

      Isaiah 3:12

      12) As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over
      them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the
      way of thy paths. (KJV)

      12Youths oppress my people, women rule over them. O my people, your guides
      lead you astray; they turn you from the path. (NIV)

      3:12 As for my people, their ruler is acting like a child, and those who
      have authority over them are women. O my people, your guides are the cause
      of your wandering, turning your footsteps out of the right way. (BBE)

      In our land today, children are rebellious, causing strife in the homes, and
      women have become bossy and demanding. It is no wonder homes are falling
      apart. This type of spirit in a woman is a "Jezebel spirit." Just as Jezebel
      ruled her husband, King Ahab, in the Bible (I Kings 21:25), many women today
      are guilty of the same sin. This domineering and ruling spirit is not just
      found in women alone for we see it in men, too, when they use tyrannical
      means to rule their homes. The Lord would have our homes be examples of
      love, and parental authority should be exercised in love. When someone has a
      "Jezebel spirit," it subtly manipulates the lives of everyone around them.
      Should we be guilty of this domineering spirit, let us ask the Lord to
      deliver us and create within us a sweet submissive spirit that is pleasing
      to the Lord. We will then be willing to listen to our husbands, knowing that
      the logic God gave man is for the protection of the woman.

      Of course, there are limits to submission as it should always be "as unto
      the Lord." We must first submit to God and then the problems involving
      submission to others will be resolved by Him. Some results that can occur
      when women are not in a right relationship with men are divorce, rebellious
      children, emotional problems and sexual problems.

      Prayer for the Day:

      Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for creating me as a man/ woman. May I
      function in the role you created me for and give me a submissive spirit, not
      only toward my mate, but also toward each member in the body of Christ. Let
      me serve, and not expect to be served. Create within me a lamb-like spirit
      even as Christ our Lord had. Give me wisdom in the role of a parent so that
      my children might rise up and call me blessed. May I love my mate and my
      children with Your love. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

      Keep each other in PrAyer and display HuMility. Have a BlEssed day and stay
      ENcourage.

      God is Good All the Time!!!

      Scripture Of The Day and Daily Devotional are sent out Daily via email. If
      you would like to add any of your family members or friends to this
      distribution list, just reply to the email address listed below with their
      full email address and they will start receiving the Word Of God in the
      future. If you want your email address remove from this distribution list,
      please reply to the email address listed below requesting for your email
      address to be removed. Thank you.

      Stay Blessed,

      Riley

      <mailto:pass_the_word@...> pass_the_word@...