Re: Sometimes I feel...

  • Brian Dutille
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 7, 2002
      Hi Randy,

      I totally empathize with your sitution. I have a few questions for
      you. You mentioned your Christian group and praying. Have you and
      your wife gone to counseling together? How long have you been
      married? I know you said you hadn't been with a man in 14 years...why
      would you marry a woman until these feelings were resolved? Are you
      really lacking "something else" in your life but think by turning to
      the carefree, sometimes sexually risky and addictive gay lifestyle,
      that you will truly be happy?! I would like to give you some advice
      so when you get a moment, e-mail me and keep praying my friend.
      Brother Brian

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@y..., ElectroMan05@w... wrote:
      > Hello guys... I really don't know what to do, and almost didn't
      write this
      > because I feel like you may think bad of me. OK, I've heard all
      the horror
      > stories of the gay life, I have heard the theory about childhood
      being the
      > cause of homosexuality (which I believe), and I have prayed etc...
      Why do I
      > still want to be gay sometimes even though I know all of this??? I
      feel like
      > beating my head up beside the wall! I have a wife that loves me,
      etc... So
      > why? I haven't been with a man for 14 years, but it has always
      been in the
      > back of my mind. When I told my wife 6 months ago that I was gay
      > (homosexual), I actually came to the conclusion that I wanted to be
      gay, that
      > I was tired of fighting it. I just don't understand how I can have
      all these
      > statistics threw at me and don't care? Sometimes I see all these
      people in
      > the groups doing so wel with trying to overcome it, and some that
      has
      > overcome it, and sometimes it makes me mad, because I wish I could
      want it
      > that bad! I even have the book "Coming Out Straight", go to a
      Christian
      > Counselor every week, and started going to my groups on
      Mondays.... When