Re: [ExGDBd] I always fail..

  • Lege Eger
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
      Hello
      I am new for the group . I am 23 old guy from Ethiopia,East Africa.
      I have been in sexuall r/ship with many guys but still I always wanted to stop . i prayed a lot..cried a lot as i want to have a good r/ship with my GOD cause what I am doing is not helping. It has been more than 6 years since I start to fight it but can't seem to win it so I really need advice b/c WITHOUT GOD I HAVE NO LIFE.

      Thank you

      Bridget Night <BridgetNight123@...> wrote:
      Hi Faith,

      Welcome to our group. Most of us have good intentions and want to do the right thing but we often fail. I have fallen off my diet so many times for example. We have the pull of strong habits, we have Satan and his many angels that tempt us, we have our internal dialogue, and then with the ssa, the great need to heal with your own gender. You do need healthy friendships with women who do not have ssa.

      I have a 24 year old son who has this issue and I know how hard it is for him. I have come to learn a great deal about this subject and am mentoring two women right now who have this problem. I own a hair salon and have gradually helped them to become a bit more feminine. They cannot talk to their own moms so I have become a substitute mom for them and am happy to do so. I would be happy to be your friend. I am not the one who can help my son as he needs healthy male mentors but I know as I help others that God will answer my prayers to bring healthy male mentors into my son's life.

      When I was a missionary for my church when I was 21, one of my sister companions hit on me sexually. It scared the living daylights out of me and I know she felt awful about it. She did not understand herself why she had such a powerful attraction to me. Because I did not have this problem and stayed her friend she was able to develop her heterosexual side. I am so sorry that your marriage has not worked and that you have to deal with this and two children as well.

      I will be praying for you. Bridget
      www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053<http://www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053>

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
        Thank you for your reply and being understanding. Sometimes I worry
        about putting things out there..not everyone understands.

        It would be great to ahve your friendship. I am trying to develop
        more friendships at church. I do have 2 friends from there that do
        not struggle. Its nice having them in my life.

        My hsuband is at a point where he doens't take any responsibility for
        his actions. He blames everyone for his poor choices. I talked to the
        pastor today and he thinks that my husband needs to stop blaming
        everyone and take some of the responibility. I think my husband has a
        lot of pride though.

        I am doing ok..wondering how to get closer to God right now and feel
        his presence. I am a little anxious about things..financially and
        having to raise the kids alone the next couple of months.

        Faith

        --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Bridget Night"
        <BridgetNight123@...> wrote:

        > Hi Faith,
        >
        > Welcome to our group. Most of us have good intentions and want to
        do the right thing but we often fail. I have fallen off my diet so
        many times for example. We have the pull of strong habits, we have
        Satan and his many angels that tempt us, we have our internal
        dialogue, and then with the ssa, the great need to heal with your own
        gender. You do need healthy friendships with women who do not have
        ssa.

        > I have a 24 year old son who has this issue and I know how hard it
        is for him. I have come to learn a great deal about this subject and
        am mentoring two women right now who have this problem. I own a hair
        salon and have gradually helped them to become a bit more feminine.
        They cannot talk to their own moms so I have become a substitute mom
        for them and am happy to do so. I would be happy to be your friend. I
        am not the one who can help my son as he needs healthy male mentors
        but I know as I help others that God will answer my prayers to bring
        healthy male mentors into my son's life.

        > When I was a missionary for my church when I was 21, one of my
        sister companions hit on me sexually. It scared the living daylights
        out of me and I know she felt awful about it. She did not understand
        herself why she had such a powerful attraction to me. Because I did
        not have this problem and stayed her friend she was able to develop
        her heterosexual side. I am so sorry that your marriage has not
        worked and that you have to deal with this and two children as well.

        > I will be praying for you. Bridget

        www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053<http://www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053

        exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com<mailto:exgaydiscussionboard@yahoo
        groups.com>
        > Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:19 AM
        > Subject: [ExGDBd] I always fail..
        >

        > I am married to a man and have kids. We are seperated and he is
        going
        > into a rehab for alcohol soon.
        >
        > In the beginning of our marriage I pretty much stuffed any same
        sex
        > attraction, I didn't let it come into my mind..
        > but the last 6 years it has dominated me.
        >
        > I have had 3 relationships..2 in person..one online. After each
        one I
        > try and Get help..I tell God no more but I end up failing.
        >
        > The last one, the online one I actually met in an exgay forum. We
        > werent supposed to contact each other outside of it but we did. I
        am
        > banned now for 6 months.
        > I had not talked to her for a couple of months and then last week
        she
        > got back in touch with me.
        > We almost went back with each other but then made the decision
        not
        > to..I told her that i promised God my heart these next couple of
        > months while my husband is away.
        >
        > It is a hard promise to keep. I feel lonely sometimes and today I
        am
        > missing her.
        > I need help in not contacting her and I need help in healing.
        >
        > Thanks for listening
        > Faith

      • Elizabeth Reese
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
          Well, having had to deal with another person's substance abuse is difficult. Yes, they will blame everyone for their own bad choices and then blame you for not saving them and calling you a non-christian. So, beware - it will come. Anyhow, I will pray for you Faith as this is a trying time for you and your family .

          faith_19682000 <faith_19682000@...> wrote: Thank you for your reply and being understanding. Sometimes I worry

          <BridgetNight123@...> wrote:

          > Hi Faith,
          >
          > Welcome to our group. Most of us have good intentions and want to
          do the right thing but we often fail. I have fallen off my diet so
          many times for example. We have the pull of strong habits, we have
          Satan and his many angels that tempt us, we have our internal
          dialogue, and then with the ssa, the great need to heal with your own
          gender. You do need healthy friendships with women who do not have
          ssa.

          > I have a 24 year old son who has this issue and I know how hard it
          is for him. I have come to learn a great deal about this subject and
          am mentoring two women right now who have this problem. I own a hair
          salon and have gradually helped them to become a bit more feminine.
          They cannot talk to their own moms so I have become a substitute mom
          for them and am happy to do so. I would be happy to be your friend. I
          am not the one who can help my son as he needs healthy male mentors
          but I know as I help others that God will answer my prayers to bring
          healthy male mentors into my son's life.

          > When I was a missionary for my church when I was 21, one of my
          sister companions hit on me sexually. It scared the living daylights
          out of me and I know she felt awful about it. She did not understand
          herself why she had such a powerful attraction to me. Because I did
          not have this problem and stayed her friend she was able to develop
          her heterosexual side. I am so sorry that your marriage has not
          worked and that you have to deal with this and two children as well.

          > I will be praying for you. Bridget

          www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053<http://www.1stbooks.com/bookview/12053

        • larry shaw