Told my Pastor

  • ElectroMan05@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2002
      Hey guys, boy has this been an evening to remember! I finally got to the
      point where I felt it might be helpful if I told my Pastor about the "gay"
      thing, SSA. My wife and I sat down at our home with him and his wife and
      taold them everything I could think of... They were here for 3 hours.
      Actually it went very well, they are there for us, and know that I do have
      God in my life, even though I feel like I don't alot of times. The preacher
      told me that he will be there for me, and he shared alot of things that
      happened to him as a child. Like his father left him and his family, he was
      molested by a man when he was a child, etc... He even had a brother kill
      himself when he was 13, and he saw him after he'd shot himself. His mother
      said look what you kids make him do, so for years he blamed himself, even
      though he loved his brother deeply. He was lucky to have other men as father
      figures and didn't get the SSA thing. He did confess that he had a long
      struggle with lust for women though. And that God is the only one that has
      kept him on the straight and narrow.

      The only thing I was alittle disappointed in was that he didn't get the full
      grasp of why you become homosexual. He still doesn't fully understand it,
      but I guess it would be hard for someone that didn't have to do the research
      we had to do. All in all, I am happy that I told him and hope that it leads
      to something better for me. Your friend, Randy

    • Burning Black Triangle
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 29, 2002
        I'm glad you were able to communicate your struggle to
        your pastor. I find that most pastors are ill prepared
        to deal with such a private issue such as sexuality.
        It is part of our duty to educate ourselves about our
        own sexuality. We take control over our impulses when
        we understand where they come from. Homosexuality
        rises from different circumstances in different
        people. It is statistically like alcohol addiction.
        The inability to control sexual impulses is something
        that can be treated.

        Honest communication is a start. Nobody can hold guilt
        over your head if you are honest from the beginning.

        Keep your head up!

        -Burning Black Triangle

        --- ElectroMan05@... wrote:
        > Hey guys, boy has this been an evening to remember!
        > I finally got to the
        > point where I felt it might be helpful if I told my
        > Pastor about the "gay"
        > thing, SSA. My wife and I sat down at our home with
        > him and his wife and
        > taold them everything I could think of... They were
        > here for 3 hours.
        > Actually it went very well, they are there for us,
        > and know that I do have
        > God in my life, even though I feel like I don't alot
        > of times. The preacher
        > told me that he will be there for me, and he shared
        > alot of things that
        > happened to him as a child. Like his father left
        > him and his family, he was
        > molested by a man when he was a child, etc... He
        > even had a brother kill
        > himself when he was 13, and he saw him after he'd
        > shot himself. His mother
        > said look what you kids make him do, so for years he
        > blamed himself, even
        > though he loved his brother deeply. He was lucky to
        > have other men as father
        > figures and didn't get the SSA thing. He did
        > confess that he had a long
        > struggle with lust for women though. And that God
        > is the only one that has
        > kept him on the straight and narrow.
        >
        > The only thing I was alittle disappointed in was
        > that he didn't get the full
        > grasp of why you become homosexual. He still
        > doesn't fully understand it,
        > but I guess it would be hard for someone that didn't
        > have to do the research
        > we had to do. All in all, I am happy that I told
        > him and hope that it leads
        > to something better for me. Your friend, Randy

        > removed]

        > Questions on the group? contact founder directly
        > at: ncxds@...
        >
        > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of:
        > NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet Ministries
        >
        > Feel free to link to these pages on your own
        > website:
        >
        > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion
        > List:
        > <http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/exgaydiscussionboard>
        > | Chat:
        > <http://chat.yahoo.com/?club=exgaydiscussionboard>
        >

        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        =====
        Visit The Burning Black Triangle Home!!!
        http://www.geocities.com/burningblacktriangle/index.html

        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
      • Wil Merino
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2002
          It's always a good thing to share your struggles with some one else...especially if he or she is a pastor, They should be prepared at least to be sympathitic if not all knoledgeable on the subject. I found in my own life to be very helpful, but more helpful if I get support from someone who has experienced the same problem and has been able to overcome it.
          Homosexuality in the initial stages are always non-voluntary condition, due to deep upset and trauma or violance or abuse of any kind. It's a self-protective mechanism which takes the child to go into fantasy and unreality, they begin to separate their emotions from their mind. this becomes the initial cause of this condition but in time they become voluntary because these emotions get connected to our sex drive ...usually in puberty, and then it becomes voluntary reactions to pain.
          I know this is a big subject, but I hope this will help you explain to your pastor a bit of what is this condition. they may not totally understand it, but will have a better idea of what this type of addiction is (relationship addiction).
          Blessings,
          Wil Merino

        • KEITH BRENNER
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 29, 2002
            ive been lucky to be apart of three churches at one time or another whose
            pastors have some knowledge of men who struggle. I am now in two churches at
            the same time whose both pastors know how to deal with it and are standing
            by me

            just last sept 15 the two churches plus several other churches and
            ministries sponsored a seminar on reaching teens and young adults who are
            gay seminar gave straight people how to reach out to them

            God gave me this vision and gave me the best speakers for that conference

            alan chambers executive director of exodus and randy thomas

            we are now bringing sy rogers to town in may
            and hopefully dennis jernigan sometime later next year

          • Halfpenny
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 30, 2002
              Randy:

              That is sooo awesome, dude! I honor you for taking that step, and I'm very glad his response was supportive. Not many pastors yet understand the dynamics, but they should understand how to love all of their flock in a redemptive way.
              Joe

              ElectroMan05@... wrote:Hey guys, boy has this been an evening to remember! I finally got to the