Scripture Of The Day and Daily Devotional - 08012006 - day 213 *****Judges*****

  • PTW
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      August 1, 2006

      KJV - (King James Version)

      NIV - (New International Version)

      BBE - (Bible in Basic English)

      Scripture of the Day

      Isaiah 40:31

      31) But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall
      mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they
      shall walk, and not faint. (KJV)

      31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar
      on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and
      not be faint. (NIV)

      40:31 But those who are waiting for the Lord will have new strength; they
      will get wings like eagles: running, they will not be tired, and walking,
      they will have no weariness. (BBE)

      Daily Devotional

      Verses for the Day:

      Proverbs 21:28-29

      28) A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh
      29) A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth
      his way. (KJV)

      28A false witness will perish, and whoever listens to him will be destroyed
      forever. 29A wicked man puts up a bold front, but an upright man gives
      thought to his ways. (NIV)

      21:28 A false witness will be cut off, ... 21:29 The evil-doer makes his
      face hard, but as for the upright, he gives thought to his way. (BBE)

      Thoughts for the Day:

      Throughout the book of Proverbs, we continue to find comparisons between the
      wicked and the upright, and in these scriptures we are told the wicked
      person will perish, while the upright man will endure and be established in
      his society. Verse 28 tells us that every day we are given choices to speak
      and also to keep quiet. A man that listens to the wisdom of God attentively
      will endure, and since God's Word is the final authority, he cannot be

      Since the book of Proverbs is all about wisdom, one of the main things it
      stresses, is to give thought to what we speak, and also, to consider what we
      give an "ear" to. A false witness is a liar. Most of us have probably seen
      a portrayal of the three monkeys, with each one of them having their hands
      over a different part of their heads. One, has his hands over his ears,
      another one is covering his eyes, while the last one has his hands over his
      mouth. The caption beneath the picture says, "Hear No Evil, See No Evil,
      and Speak No Evil." This little analogy is actually proclaiming advice from
      the Bible. If we just practiced this admonishment, it would keep us out of a
      lot of trouble. Honesty is a virtue that we all should walk in. The world
      is getting more wicked, and lying has become the normal thing to do.

      Luke 8:18

      18) Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be
      given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he
      seemeth to have. (KJV)

      18Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given
      more; whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has will be taken from
      him. (NIV)

      8:18 So take care how you give hearing, for to him who has will be given,
      and from him who has not will be taken even what he seems to have. (BBE)

      In this scripture, we are told that by our hearing we can obtain some
      things, and by our hearing we can loose some things. The scripture above in
      Luke 8 is given at the conclusion of Jesus' Parable of the Sower and the
      Seed. Jesus told the people that a sower went out to sow seed, and that the
      seed would produce fruit, if it was put in good ground. He also listed the
      kind of ground that the seed would not take root and grow in (ground that
      was continually walked on, rocky ground and thorny ground). He then told
      them, that in this parable, the seed represented the Word of God, and if it
      was sown in good soil (which was an honest and good heart) and if they would
      be patient and keep the Word, it would produce fruit. The Lord not only told
      them that they needed to be careful about what they heard, but also, what
      they saw, as we must guard our eye gate and ear gate if we are going to
      produce fruit for God.

      Verse 29 in our study tells us that the wicked man will even look guilty
      when he is up to no good, while a righteous man will direct his way by
      heeding the Word of God, which will always promote integrity in a person's
      life. Years ago, I heard an interview with an old-time political figure. A
      reporter ask him how he had such a good memory, and was able to remember the
      promises he made, and who he made them to, and not contradict himself in
      regard to what he told different people. He replied, "That's easy, when you
      tell the truth, you never have to remember any lies you told, that would
      require additional lies to cover them." Walking in truth, and maintaining
      integrity, should be the goal of every Christian.

      Prayer for the Day:

      Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for giving us Your Word in the Bible. Help
      me to read and study it more. Lord, I not only want to hear what You have to
      say, but I also want to do the things You have instructed us to do in the
      Word of God. Give me Your grace to be obedient to the Word. Lord, I also
      ask You to help me not to listen to things that I should not hear. Lord,
      give me grace to turn my eyes away from those things that hinder my growth
      in You. I know if I see and listen to Your Words, then I will be able to
      speak the things I need to say. I ask this is the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Keep each other in PrAyer and display HuMility. Have a BlEssed day and stay

      God is Good All the Time!!!

      Scripture Of The Day and Daily Devotional are sent out Daily via email. If
      you would like to add any of your family members or friends to this
      distribution list, just reply to the email address listed below with their
      full email address and they will start receiving the Word Of God in the
      future. If you want your email address remove from this distribution list,
      please reply to the email address listed below requesting for your email
      address to be removed. Thank you.

      Stay Blessed,

      <mailto:pass_the_word@...> pass_the_word@...