Re: [ExGDBd] Wayne Besen escorted by Police after attacking Ex Gay

  • nfttm
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
      well, he certainly revealed himself with this kind of
      demeanor, didn't he? I have the feeling that he has a
      lot more going on and that this symptom of SSA and the
      endorsement of it does not touch what the real issues
      are - I pray God reaches him in a mighty way.

      --- Laura <exgaydates@...> wrote:

      > Wayne Besen escorted by Police after attacking Ex
      > Gay
      >
      > Dr Throckmorton mentions that anti ex gay activist
      > Wayne Besen had a
      > verbal dispute near the ex-gay educator's caucus
      > booth, one result of
      > which was Wayne being escorted out of the convention
      > center by some of
      > Orlando's finest law enforcement. Word is that the
      > F-word was flying.
      > Be interested in Wayne's account of the fracas.
      >
      > http://www.wthrockmorton.blogspot.com/

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Holly Schippers
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
        Does anyone know his story/childhood?

        --- nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote:

        > well, he certainly revealed himself with this kind
        > of
        > demeanor, didn't he? I have the feeling that he has
        > lot more going on and that this symptom of SSA and
        > the
        > endorsement of it does not touch what the real
        > issues
        > are - I pray God reaches him in a mighty way.
        >
        > --- Laura <exgaydates@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Wayne Besen escorted by Police after attacking Ex
        > > Gay
        > >
        > > Dr Throckmorton mentions that anti ex gay activist
        > > Wayne Besen had a
        > > verbal dispute near the ex-gay educator's caucus
        > > booth, one result of
        > > which was Wayne being escorted out of the
        > convention
        > > center by some of
        > > Orlando's finest law enforcement. Word is that the
        > > F-word was flying.
        > > Be interested in Wayne's account of the fracas.
        > >
        > > http://www.wthrockmorton.blogspot.com/

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com
        >

        > Questions about the group? Contact our Director &
        > Founder, Alan Levering, directly at: ncxds@...
        >
        > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS
        > Ex-Gay Internet Christian Ministries
        >
        > MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on
        > your own website:
        >
        > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion
        > Board:
        > | Spanish Language Discussion Board:
        > Heart" Abused Men's Group:

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        "Thus men will lie on their backs talking about the fall of man, and will never make an effort to get up." -Henry David Thoreau

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Laura Miers
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
          He never mentions his family in his Bio!

          His website states that, Prior to working at HRC, Besen worked in corporate communications for Edelman Public Relations Worldwide and as a press secretary for democratic Maine State Senator Sean Faircloth's bid for the U.S. Senate.

          In 1992 Besen co-founded Sons & Daughters of America (SDA), a gay and lesbian public awareness campaign based in Fort Lauderdale.

          Besen graduated from the University of Florida with a B.S. in broadcast journalism in 1993.

          He is a native of Fort Lauderdale, but has also lived in Houston, Washington DC, New York and graduated from Kaiser High School in Honolulu. His hobbies include playing and watching basketball, traveling, reading and writing.

          Holly Schippers <hschippers@...> wrote: Does anyone know his story/childhood?

          --- nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote:

          > well, he certainly revealed himself with this kind
          > of
          > demeanor, didn't he? I have the feeling that he has
          > lot more going on and that this symptom of SSA and
          > the
          > endorsement of it does not touch what the real
          > issues
          > are - I pray God reaches him in a mighty way.
          >
          > --- Laura <exgaydates@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Wayne Besen escorted by Police after attacking Ex
          > > Gay
          > >
          > > Dr Throckmorton mentions that anti ex gay activist
          > > Wayne Besen had a
          > > verbal dispute near the ex-gay educator's caucus
          > > booth, one result of
          > > which was Wayne being escorted out of the
          > convention
          > > center by some of
          > > Orlando's finest law enforcement. Word is that the
          > > F-word was flying.
          > > Be interested in Wayne's account of the fracas.
          > >
          > > http://www.wthrockmorton.blogspot.com/

          > protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com
          >

          > Questions about the group? Contact our Director &
          > Founder, Alan Levering, directly at: ncxds@...
          >
          > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS
          > Ex-Gay Internet Christian Ministries
          >
          > MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on
          > your own website:
          >
          > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion
          > Board:
          > | Spanish Language Discussion Board:
          > Heart" Abused Men's Group:

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          "Thus men will lie on their backs talking about the fall of man, and will never make an effort to get up." -Henry David Thoreau

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Elizabeth Reese
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
            Well, this should take some money away from him - I hope.

            nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote: well, he certainly revealed himself with this kind of