Re: [ExGDBd] My turn-around

  • larry shaw
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
      If you would like to talk hit me up? I do understand your struggle, and I know the pains that you are going through, but God is strong enough for us all.

      Mark <mbuzard@...> wrote: I had written earlier that due to weeks and weeks of not trusting
      God, and basically giving up, that I fell back into porn, and had a
      sexual encounter. Most of the week I felt I just couldn't pray, but
      that changed Thursday evening. Most of Thursday I was feeling more
      encouraged, and felt God's presence, so I prayed and asked His
      forgivenes when I went to bed, and am now getting back on track.
      There are still mountains all around me that are too high for me to
      scale on my own - finances, credit card debt, loneliness, need of a
      new job, and the list goes on, but I am feeling more hopeful, and am
      back to praying and reading my Bible after weeks of not doing that.
      My one fear is now that I have given in for over a week, that it
      will be too easy to give into temptation. Saturdays are really rough
      on me anyway - I live alone, and there are no single Christian guys
      close to my age in my churh, or even in my life. I really don't have
      much to do all day on Saturdays, and would love to shop all day if I
      had the money. If you are reading this today, Saturday, breathe a
      prayer for me that I will stand strong today and this evening. I do
      have several books to read, and its been quite some time since I
      have sat down at the piano.
      Thanks for your encouraging words, and to whoever started this
      group. I am enjoying the posts and discussions on here. God bless.
      Mark

      Questions about the group? Contact our Director & Founder, Alan Levering, directly at: ncxds@...

      The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet Christian Ministries

      MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:

      Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion Board: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard> | Spanish Language Discussion Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgayenespa | "Wounded Heart" Abused Men's Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/woundedheart> | Chat: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard/chat>

      Lord jesus christ Christianity today Kingdom of god

    • Jer DeLoach
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
        --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, larry shaw
        <helpme5552002@...> wrote:

        > If you would like to talk hit me up? I do understand your struggle,
        and I know the pains that you are going through, but God is strong
        enough for us all.

        > Mark <mbuzard@...> wrote: I had written earlier that due to weeks
        and weeks of not trusting
        > God, and basically giving up, that I fell back into porn, and had a
        > sexual encounter. Most of the week I felt I just couldn't pray, but
        > that changed Thursday evening. Most of Thursday I was feeling more
        > encouraged, and felt God's presence, so I prayed and asked His
        > forgivenes when I went to bed, and am now getting back on track.
        > There are still mountains all around me that are too high for me to
        > scale on my own - finances, credit card debt, loneliness, need of a
        > new job, and the list goes on, but I am feeling more hopeful, and am
        > back to praying and reading my Bible after weeks of not doing that.
        > My one fear is now that I have given in for over a week, that it
        > will be too easy to give into temptation. Saturdays are really rough
        > on me anyway - I live alone, and there are no single Christian guys
        > close to my age in my churh, or even in my life. I really don't have
        > much to do all day on Saturdays, and would love to shop all day if I
        > had the money. If you are reading this today, Saturday, breathe a
        > prayer for me that I will stand strong today and this evening. I do
        > have several books to read, and its been quite some time since I
        > have sat down at the piano.
        > Thanks for your encouraging words, and to whoever started this
        > group. I am enjoying the posts and discussions on here. God bless.
        > Mark
        > Hi ya Mark, Most of us have been exactly where you are at and there
        will come a time when this "test" if you will , will be over. My
        prayer for you would be for the right workman to be thrust into your
        path. Thank God for groups like this. Back in the day there weren't
        any. Be sure and use this resourse as often as you need to. As a
        musician I can tell you that music, especially worship music brings so
        much healing and deliverence. It did for me. Each one of us spiritual
        beings has a voice inside that can convey our love for the Lord far
        better than our limited vocabulary can. I would encourage you to sit
        at your piano and play whatever is on your heart, to the Lord. I did
        that with a handrum for a couple of weeks straight, wasnt gonna quit
        untill the Lord showed up. He did and I got through a very rough time.
        Our souls and spirits respond so well to music. Go do that now man. It
        is now saturday,the worst day for you. The difference for you today is
        it will be a day of worship for the One who has promised to finish
        the work He has started in you. We all respond to love. So does He.
        Sorry for being so long winded here, My prayers and others are with
        you. You are well worth it. Jer

        > Questions about the group? Contact our Director & Founder, Alan
        Levering, directly at: ncxds@...

        > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet
        Christian Ministries

        > MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:
        >
        > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion Board:
        "Wounded Heart" Abused Men's Group:

        > Lord jesus christ Christianity today Kingdom of god

        Service.