Re: [ExGDBd] hi, just joined

  • nfttm
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5 3:13 PM
      Hi Drew,

      Welcome to the group - I am glad you wrote and hope you find a lot of useful and encouraging information here as I have. Thank you for writing and sharing - it was so encouraging and a blessing to read your words. Please keep writing - God bless you.

      drew123ha <drew123ha@...> wrote:
      hi exgaydiscussion,
      I just joined last week but haven't gotten around to posting yet. My
      name is Drew. I'm 25 and have struggled with homosexuality, but got
      out of it through a relationship with God. I just wanted to say hi and
      meet the members. I hope everybody had a good holiday season. Talk to
      you later.

      drew

      Questions about the group? Contact our Director & Founder, Alan Levering, directly at: ncxds@...

      The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet Christian Ministries

      MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:

      Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion Board: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard> | Spanish Language Discussion Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgayenespa | "Wounded Heart" Abused Men's Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/woundedheart> | Chat: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard/chat>

      Lord jesus christ Christianity today Kingdom of god

    • Frogs Delight
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6 10:15 AM
        Hi Drew and others,

        It warms my heart to see people joining here.
        Fortunately, while I have struggled with SSA all my
        life, I made several near misses to joining the gay
        "mainstream" but never totally crossed the line. I
        have had a number of friends who have, and in all
        cases they crossed it with a significant amount of
        help and persuasion, and seemed quite ashamed of their
        decision. For them, as I see it, they could not come
        back because they had betrayed the values they were
        brought up with, and "accepting" themselves as gay and
        staying within the safe culture was what worked for
        them. My fiancee's ex-'friend' is an MTF transsexual,
        very much a case of "autogynephilia" in that he now
        sees himself as a lesbian and is anorexic and seeking
        breast implants and other exteme feminizing. When she
        suggested to him that he might find himself in a
        difficult position in society, he labelled her
        "transphobic" and disconnected from her, rather than
        discuss or face her suggestion. I have heard many
        times that SSA and related issues come from deep
        within but are not inevitable, but that dealing with
        those issues within is more frightening than dealing
        with the shame of "becoming gay." That may not be the
        only answer to the question of SSA, but it sure is an
        important one. These days comfort is more important
        than growth to many people, so to conclude this
        long-winded essay (sorry!) I applaud people who are
        willing the face the challenge of growth that dealing
        with SSA and not choosing or returning from the gay
        lifestyle entails. I don't condemn those who don't,
        there are many people in society who don't face their
        demons and choose other paths, such as multiple
        marriages and divorces, underemployment, and so
        forth... compassion is a good answer for all of those.
        But not "acceptance" as is currently espoused. In my
        view, that is nothing but credulity, a lack of clear
        thinking and common sense.

        So, anyway, welcome, and I hope you get lots of
        support along the way!

        Dave

        --- nfttm <nfttm@...> wrote:

        > Hi Drew,
        >
        > Welcome to the group - I am glad you wrote and
        > hope you find a lot of useful and encouraging
        > information here as I have. Thank you for writing
        > and sharing - it was so encouraging and a blessing
        > to read your words. Please keep writing - God bless
        > you.
        >
        > drew123ha <drew123ha@...> wrote:
        > hi exgaydiscussion,
        > I just joined last week but haven't gotten around to
        > posting yet. My
        > name is Drew. I'm 25 and have struggled with
        > homosexuality, but got
        > out of it through a relationship with God. I just
        > wanted to say hi and
        > meet the members. I hope everybody had a good
        > holiday season. Talk to
        > you later.
        >
        > drew
        >

        > Questions about the group? Contact our Director &
        > Founder, Alan Levering, directly at: ncxds@...
        >
        > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS
        > Ex-Gay Internet Christian Ministries
        >
        > MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on
        > your own website:
        >
        > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion
        > Board:
        > | Spanish Language Discussion Board: