additional question regarding what determines one to have experience H

  • Judith
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
      also how do you feel about the one who didn't act out and was no where
      near the lifestyle?

      Judith
    • David Arakelian
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
        Boy, I was hoping that you wouldn't ask this one. I'd been heavily involved
        with the gay leather biker scene when I lived in Upstate NY. Then, when I
        moved back to Boston, I was very heavily involved with the anonymous/porn
        theatre scene. I'd become part of a ministry there that no longer exists.
        (The leader passed on suddenly from some sort of brain aneurism). I was
        climbing the walls because I'd just found out about a 24 hr S + M place had
        just opened up in town--it's not there any longer--and the leader wouldn't
        allow me to share during the sharing time because he was uncomfortable with
        the topic. (I had no intention of getting graphic or giving any details that
        would have been detrimental to a weaker brother). Most of the guys in that
        group had only struggled with thought life, + I felt like I was pretty much
        on my own when it came to dealing with the behavior AND the internal healing
        that needed to occur.
        Today, I realize that the issues are just as real from the guys who've only
        struggled with thought life, BUT I do personally see it as being tougher for
        guys who were very deeply involved with the lifestyle to get out than guys
        who've only dealt with thought life. Why is it that we don't see more guys
        who were heavily involved with the leather scene coming out?

        On 10/31/05, Judith <judith9086@...> wrote:

        > also how do you feel about the one who didn't act out and was no where
        > near the lifestyle?
        >
        > Judith
        >

        > Questions about the group? Contact our Director & Founder, Alan Levering,
        > directly at: ncxds@...
        >
        > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet
        > Christian Ministries
        >
        > MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:
        >
        > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion Board: <
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
          God bless 'em.
          And may God help them never to lose what they have kept; and help them
          to persever through him, for his name's sake.

          ~Eric~

          --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Judith"
          <judith9086@y...> wrote:

          > also how do you feel about the one who didn't act out and was no
          where
          > near the lifestyle?
          >
          > Judith

        • Judith Stevens
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2005
            If any others on the board please respond as well.

            David -I needed this. that is why i asked it. thank you. And it is what i am dealing with in relation to someone else. and in the past. And I needed it from a guy perspective. not a womans.

            Judith

            David Arakelian <darakelian@...> wrote:
            Boy, I was hoping that you wouldn't ask this one. I'd been heavily involved
            with the gay leather biker scene when I lived in Upstate NY. Then, when I
            moved back to Boston, I was very heavily involved with the anonymous/porn
            theatre scene. I'd become part of a ministry there that no longer exists.
            (The leader passed on suddenly from some sort of brain aneurism). I was
            climbing the walls because I'd just found out about a 24 hr S + M place had
            just opened up in town--it's not there any longer--and the leader wouldn't
            allow me to share during the sharing time because he was uncomfortable with
            the topic. (I had no intention of getting graphic or giving any details that
            would have been detrimental to a weaker brother). Most of the guys in that
            group had only struggled with thought life, + I felt like I was pretty much
            on my own when it came to dealing with the behavior AND the internal healing
            that needed to occur.
            Today, I realize that the issues are just as real from the guys who've only
            struggled with thought life, BUT I do personally see it as being tougher for
            guys who were very deeply involved with the lifestyle to get out than guys
            who've only dealt with thought life. Why is it that we don't see more guys
            who were heavily involved with the leather scene coming out?

            On 10/31/05, Judith <judith9086@...> wrote:

            > also how do you feel about the one who didn't act out and was no where
            > near the lifestyle?
            >
            > Judith
            >

            > Questions about the group? Contact our Director & Founder, Alan Levering,
            > directly at: ncxds@...
            >
            > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet
            > Christian Ministries
            >
            > MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:
            >
            > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion Board: <
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Questions about the group? Contact our Director & Founder, Alan Levering, directly at: ncxds@...

            The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet Christian Ministries

            MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:

            Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion Board: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard> | Spanish Language Discussion Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgayenespa | "Wounded Heart" Abused Men's Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/woundedheart> | Chat: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard/chat>

            Lord jesus christ Christianity today Kingdom of god

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
              Glad I could be of help <G>