In the wake of this disaster...

  • Markup
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2005
      Many of us who struggle with homosexuality or with
      friends or loved ones who struggle with it have
      witnessed in the last week something much greater than
      us or our problems. As we watch the devastation of
      storm Katrina in the gulf states, we see that our own
      problems are so very small in comparison; that our
      sexuality and our struggles are only one aspect of our
      lives...not the whole. I know for me ...viewing the
      images of the destruction in New Orleans brings a
      whole new meaning to God's power, grace, mercy, faith
      and hope. I don't think I will ever be the same.
      Please pray with me for the victims of this ravaged
      area and do what you can in your own small way to show
      support.

      Blessings to All

      Mark

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2005
        What you see on TV is a tip of the iceberg. The media has focused on New Orleans, when in FACT the entire region has been decimated.

        Thanks for your prayers...there are millions who need them down here. The Southern Baptist Convention has sent teams to help and cut trees, feed folks, etc....they offered to cut the 2 trees off of my house, but I told them thanks, but my needs were no where near those of others and to go on to the next person.

        In looking at stories about the storm (an AP wire story) I ran into a blurb about the New Orleans "Decandence" festival that darn near made me ill reading it, then looking it up on Google.......well try it yourself.

        In the midst of all this carnage and destruction and dead bodies everywhere, evidently that won't stop the New Orleans "Decandence" Festival partygoers that are left in the Big Easy from flaunting their genitals...as a bunch of the locals who didn't leave held there own "decadence" parade. If you want a GOOD look at their particular brand of "decadence festival" place the name in a Google search and be prepared to be nauseated looking at the pictures. They make me ill in normal times, but carrying on this way while the dead bodies are sloshing around in the streets and people are hurting and in severe pain shows just how perverse some of these people are. Not to mention lacking in even a modicum of self control or respect for others.

        Guess there is nothing low enough some people won't stoop to.

        John

        Markup <markup07@...> wrote:
        Many of us who struggle with homosexuality or with
        friends or loved ones who struggle with it have
        witnessed in the last week something much greater than
        us or our problems. As we watch the devastation of
        storm Katrina in the gulf states, we see that our own
        problems are so very small in comparison; that our
        sexuality and our struggles are only one aspect of our
        lives...not the whole. I know for me ...viewing the
        images of the destruction in New Orleans brings a
        whole new meaning to God's power, grace, mercy, faith
        and hope. I don't think I will ever be the same.
        Please pray with me for the victims of this ravaged
        area and do what you can in your own small way to show
        support.

        Blessings to All

        Mark

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

        Questions about the group? Contact our Director & Founder, Alan Levering, directly at: ncxds@...

        The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet Christian Ministries

        MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:

        Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion Board: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard> | Spanish Language Discussion Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgayenespa | "Wounded Heart" Abused Men's Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/woundedheart> | Chat: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard/chat>

        Christianity today Kingdom of god Different religions beliefs