Upcoming Love Won Out Conference in Boston

  • Henry B
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      For those in the Northeast, there will be a Love Won Out Conference
      on October 29. Here are some of the details:

      http://www.lovewonout.com/

      October 29, 2005 - Boston, Mass.
      Location: Tremont Temple Church

      LOVE WON OUT

      A dynamic one-day conference addressing, understanding and preventing
      homosexuality.

      Focus on the Family is promoting the truth that homosexuality is
      preventable and treatable ? a message routinely silenced today. We
      want people to know that individuals don't have to be gay. That's why
      we've developed a one-day conference for those looking for answers on
      this often-divisive issue. Whether you are an educator, parent,
      concerned citizen or even a gay activist, Love Won Out will inform,
      inspire and offer you hope.

      At the Love Won Out conference, you'll hear from nationally known
      experts who have firsthand experience with the seldom-told side of the
      homosexual issue. You?ll learn how to minister to a loved one who?s
      dealing with homosexuality, respond to misinformation in our culture,
      defend biblical beliefs and prevent your child from embracing this
      destructive way of life. But mostly, you'll be reminded of the power
      of God?s love and His desire to transform the life of a struggling
      homosexual to find freedom in Jesus Christ. Come and witness the type
      of love that draws men and women affected by homosexuality into the
      arms of their Creator.

      You can expect to get answers to tough questions, like:
      -Is it genetic?
      -Can it be prevented?
      -What's being taught in schools?
      -How will gay marriage affect our society?
      -What causes homosexuality?
      -What should I say to my children about it?
      -I don't think it's right, so what should I do?
      -What should the church's stance be?
      -What about gay rights and minority status?
      -How do I help my friend who's gay?

      Speakers: Nancy Heche, Joe Dallas, Dick M. Carpenter II, Ph.D.,
      Melissa Fryrear, Mike Haley, Joseph Nicolosi, Ph.D., Alan Chambers,
      Bill Maier, Psy.D.