Group canceled . . . is Tony OK?

  • friendofnsf
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      Last weekend I joined a group for family and friends of
      homosexuals. It seemed like it had the makings of a good
      group, even if nobody seemed to be posting except the
      moderator and a few others.

      Today I went to visit the board and was told it was non-existent.

      Has anybody heard from Tony? I do hope he is OK. He posted a
      very helpful article that helped me see a scripture passage in a
      fair light, an article I shared with an associate pastor of my
      church. I just wanted to say thank you.
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
        Tony is ok. I spoke to him a couple of days ago. He has been running a few Yahoo groups for a while and been active in the ex-gay ministry in his church for a good while also and is kinda tired. His illness has left him weak and he has his mother nearby that has cancer and she needs him too. He is taking a break and there are others that are going to take up the moderators position in those groups (this has been done already).

        Tony had been attacked (verbally) by some folks that were rehashing old stuff and I think that combined with his moms needs and being tired...he just needs some time for himself and his mom and his local church which he works with on these issues and others.

        You can still talk to him personally by e-mail if you want, just use his address and not the group address and I am sure he will reply...it may take a few days....

        PLUS....his girlfriend is in town (she lives a long way away from him).....

        friendofnsf <mailtodi@...> wrote:
        Last weekend I joined a group for family and friends of
        homosexuals. It seemed like it had the makings of a good
        group, even if nobody seemed to be posting except the
        moderator and a few others.

        Today I went to visit the board and was told it was non-existent.

        Has anybody heard from Tony? I do hope he is OK. He posted a
        very helpful article that helped me see a scripture passage in a
        fair light, an article I shared with an associate pastor of my
        church. I just wanted to say thank you.

        Questions about the group? Contact our Director & Founder, Alan Levering, directly at: ncxds@...

        The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet Christian Ministries

        MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:

        Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion Board: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard> | Spanish Language Discussion Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgayenespa | "Wounded Heart" Abused Men's Group: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/woundedheart> | Chat: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/exgaydiscussionboard/chat>

      • friendofnsf
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
          Thanks . . . I don't need to talk to him at all, I really don't know anything about
          him other than what I read here and on the other boards . . . I was just a bit
          shocked that the group closed with no discussion and no advance warning. I
          agree that the local church, family and girlfriend should be higher priorities
          than little old us . . . that group was very small, to say the least, and if I ever
          have any questions I'd prefer to post them here to a wider audience anyway.