Interesting Article

  • Katherine Davies
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2004
      http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion01102.shtml

      Religion News

      Christian Ex-Homosexual Offers Unique School Curriculum

      by Jim Brown and Jenni Parker
      June 18, 2004

      (AgapePress) - A new public school curriculum speaks not only
      against homophobia and ridicule towards homosexual and lesbian
      students, but also addresses discrimination against ex-homosexual
      youth.

      The 20-page, full-color resource is called The Homophobia Stops
      Here: Addressing the Ex-Gay Perspective in Public Schools. It was
      designed by Chad Thompson, the formerly homosexual founder
      of "Inqueery," who runs the organization and the Inqueery.com Web
      site and whose ministry is all about educating people about
      homosexuality and teaching them to treat homosexuals -- and ex-
      homosexuals -- with sensitivity and respect.

      "The resource provides information about individuals who have
      overcome homosexuality," Thompson says, "and as far as I know it is
      the only ex-gay resource available for public schools right now. All
      of the other resources that have been created to address the issue
      of homosexuality in public schools are gay-affirming."

      Besides addressing sensitivity issues, this first publication from
      Inqueery offers an unbiased look at research that has been done in
      the search for a "gay gene" and also examines varying theories about
      the development of sexual orientation. Furthermore, the booklet
      discusses the potential that all students have to change their
      sexual orientation if they so desire.

      According to Thompson, the curriculum has received mixed reactions
      from the homosexual community. "I think they're actually bewildered
      that I speak so much about the importance of treating gay and
      lesbian people with respect, and I speak against bullying, and I
      speak against homophobia. That's something they're not used to
      hearing from the Christian community," he says.

      The ex-homosexual turned Christian educator and activist has printed
      5,000 copies of the resource and plans to pass out copies to school
      teachers at the National Education Association's upcoming annual
      convention in Washington, D.C. At its last two conventions, the
      National Education Association has denied exhibit space to a group
      called Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays (PFOX).

      Thompson says normally when Christians address homosexuality, "we
      speak about the importance of 'Repent or die' and that kind of
      thing." But he says even though the evangelical Christian community
      opposes the homosexual lifestyle, it is time for the Church to
      acknowledge and combat the "legitimate struggles being faced by gay
      and lesbian youth."

      The Homophobia Stops Here resource is designed to facilitate
      objective discussions about human sexuality in public schools and on
      college campuses.
    • JOSE GUARDADO
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2004
        Hi: Meet Pablo and Jose, two sons of God, two together with Christ.
        This is good news, we are healed, and we are heading towards absolute
        restoration of our position before His feet.
        It was worth the pain, the trouble and the banning. I love you, we
        have suffered plenty, we have been harassed by people, poverty,
        hunger, but here we are.
        We are sure that Jesus wants us in His mission, we are sure plenty of
        suffering people, under the chains of slavery, homsexuality, adultery
        and alcoholism, will be healed.
        We love you, Pablo and Jose, we are together, clean, victorious and
        movin on. We, with our wives, and our three kids.
        Peace be with you all.
        Pablo and Jose, from Peru and Guatemala.
        PD: we are sinners, and we pray for you all. We will not betray
        your ideals bros and sisters, we praise the Lord and recognize your
        struggle.
        See our healing web page at
        http://www.stormpages.com/sophya/gloria_a_ti_jehova.htm , it is just
        starting here.