Welcome James and Todd

  • Dan Parker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      Hey Guys,
      It's always hard struggling with homosexuality, and now you are
      communicating with fellow strugglers...people that have dealt or are
      dealing with the same painful feelings that, if acted upon, only
      compound the problem. We know how hard it is! You've both taken a
      great step to admit you need help and desire support and
      encouragement. I believe you will find it here. In no way do we
      replace the Lord's place in the struggle, but we hope to be able to
      be sensitive to your needs and to the Lord's direction as you reach
      out for help.
      I'm a 48 year old man who's battled with homosexuality for almost
      40 years. I was a "pedophiles" boy for around five years between the
      ages of 7 and 12. As you can imagine, I was "taught" to be
      homosexual by the pedophile. I'm married with 3 adult children (been
      married for 26 years). The struggle is never easy, but it does do
      one thing to the child of God...it pushes us into a greater
      dependancy on the Lord. I know in my own life, I don't always
      appreciate this! But the closer I am to the Lord, the more I do.
      There is nothing that is going to make things happen, in reguards to
      the struggle, that will be a quick fix, but God will never leave us
      alone during it. Jesus never moves, we do.
      The step of knowing you can't fight this struggle alone is a
      wonderful thing. We always tend to want to "fix" things ourselves.
      With me, I know one of my biggest struggles is to let the Lord have
      control and not try to take care of things myself. These verses in
      Proverbs are good ones to memorize, because they hit the core of the
      matter:
      Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto
      thine own understanding.
      Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy
      paths.
      Pro 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart
      from evil.
      I pray that you will find strength and encouragement from the
      Lord and from us here on the board, any way the Lord sees fit. Take
      care, and always remember...you are NOT alone...EVER!
      ~Brother Dan~