Re: Im trying to be good

  • Bethany
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi Sandy!

      It is wonderful that you have gone so long about acting out.
      That gives the rest of us hope too. I would encourage you to find one
      person at your church that you could talk about your struggles with.
      Maybe someone on the pastoral staff or an older man in the church.
      They also could be key in helping you stay accountable.

      Try to find other activities to do on the nights that you would
      normally go to the gay bars. If you have nothing to do that interests
      you, of course you would want to go there. I would do the same thing.
      Find a friend and go to the movies, or bowling or whatever you think
      is fun and gets you interacting with people.

      Many times our feelings about ourselves are tied up in our
      thoughts or actions. God's feelings for us never waiver. God is
      forever loving you. He wants to comfort you and strengthen you. Be
      honest with God about your struggle. He knows, He just wants to hear
      it from you.

      Don't give up the fight~We are all in this together!

      ~Bethany
      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Brett"
      <brettsanders2001@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everybody,
      > I just wanted to say that I am trying to stop hanging out at the
      gay
      > bars. I hate the fonyness of it all. It has been 74 days since i
      > acted out. I hate myself when im acting out. I go to a big church
      > but nobody knows that im gay there except one guy whose face i
      > recognised from one of the bars i went to. I thought i could just
      be
      > friends but i lied to myself to many times. i feel like crap after
      > act out like im a devel or something.
      > ---Sandy---
    • carolblue6
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hey Sandy,

        i agree with Bethany, it would be very good for you to find someone
        (Christian) that you can trust and share about your struggles. I have
        an accountability partner (a very straight girl)...and its been so
        liberating for me to share what is going on in my heart... I remember
        i was so afraid of sharing with her my struggle and my fall...but it
        was so good... then she shared with me her struggles...and its so
        good to know that there is someone you can count with, and that you
        know that they are praying for u.

        Hey Sis... you are not alone... put in God your trust and He will
        help you...not to return to the gay bars...

        I praise God because its been about 2 months since i was last at a
        gay bar...

        Carol
      • Brett Sanders
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
          Thanks Carol,
          I appreciate your help. Btw i am a dude. ---Brett, Aka ---Sandy---

          carolblue6 <carolblue6@...> wrote:
          Hey Sandy,

          i agree with Bethany, it would be very good for you to find someone
          (Christian) that you can trust and share about your struggles. I have
          an accountability partner (a very straight girl)...and its been so
          liberating for me to share what is going on in my heart... I remember
          i was so afraid of sharing with her my struggle and my fall...but it
          was so good... then she shared with me her struggles...and its so
          good to know that there is someone you can count with, and that you
          know that they are praying for u.

          Hey Sis... you are not alone... put in God your trust and He will
          help you...not to return to the gay bars...

          I praise God because its been about 2 months since i was last at a
          gay bar...

          Carol

          .yahoo.com/clubs/exgaydiscussionboard> | Chat: <http://chat.yahoo.com/?club=exgaydiscussionboard>

        • Brett Sanders
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2004
            Hey Bethany,
            Thanks alot that means alot to me.i like it when you say we are in this altogerther. I keep forgetting that i am not alone inthis.
            ---Sandy---

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 3, 2004
              Hey Sandy,

              Im really sorry for my mistake... i guess i almost confuse names...

              hugs

              Carol
            • Nieuwleven
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2004
                That's what describes the cycle of addiction. Sandy, it is hard, and
                humiliating, but one has to acknowledge the fact that one is an
                addict to homosexuality, and introduce behavioural interventions to
                keep clean.
                Today's posts may give you a lot of resources and insights!

                Be blessed,
                Armand
                http://timesofrefreshing.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/