5440Re: [ExGDBd] Tim, please stop and think!

  • Tim Way
    Oct 2, 2003
      Hi Inge,

      There you go puting words in my mouth again and / or twisting the words that I have said before to say something that I didnt mean at all. Shame on you, you contentous girl. Tim Way

      Inge Anderson <inge@...> wrote:
      Tim,

      I am personally offended by the language you used in your post in reference
      to a brother in Christ who was courageous enough to share his lonely
      struggle. Your attitude does NOT demonstrate the spirit of Christ. There
      was no basis for your post on "child molesters" except this man's sharing.
      The Lord Jesus had strong words to say about one who would call his brother
      a "fool," and you used the word "vermin"!!

      Please come to your senses & actually *read* what's on this forum instead
      of sending in wild, emotional posts! (Your reaction is *exactly* the same
      as many straight people who react to the very thought of "homosexuality"
      with so much emotion that they don't even hear that the person is living a
      godly life and does NOT engage in same-gender sex! To them *you* are the
      "vermin"!)

      There IS NO CHILD MOLESTER ON THIS FORUM! The subject matter in your mind
      is of your own making, Please don't blame anyone else for it.

      A brother in Christ shared his attraction to under-age boys -- something
      that is rather common among gay men, I might add. He shared that he HAS NOT
      given in to the temptation.

      Can you say the same regarding your attraction to men? (Maybe you're only
      attracted to men older than yourself?)

      Unfortunately it is human nature to be repulsed by temptations different
      from our own. But the Bible clearly condemns *all* sex outside of marriage
      -- and certainly sex among members of the same gender. So we're *all* in
      the same boat here -- all condemned to die with no hope of heaven EXCEPT
      for the love of Christ who died for EACH OF US -- no matter from what
      directions our temptations come.

      This is the second so-called support forum on which I've seen homosexually
      oriented men jump with condemnation on someone who shared a struggle with
      attraction to under-age boys. Interesting how those who seek understanding
      and compassion for themselves have none to offer those who have a slightly
      different struggle.

      You seem so certain that someone else's temptation is worse than your
      sin. In the process, you may very well be offending "one of these little
      ones" of whom Christ spoke. Remember that when we come to Christ, we are
      "born again." Someone just born is a *child* of God for whom the Lord has
      the greatest solicitude.

      You cannot make yourself more holy by condemning someone with a different
      struggle. Holiness is demonstrated by showing a spirit like that of Jesus
      who did NOT condemn a struggling sinner.

      When we *really* sense the wonderful gift of Christ's salvation, we shall
      be so filled with gratitude that He would save a sinner like ME, that we
      will not feel superior to others but reach out to them with love -- like
      one beggar taking another beggar by the hand and showing him where there is
      an abundant source of food.

      Jesus made it clear that He could do nothing for those who felt themselves
      holier than other sinners -- "not so far gone" --and wrapped their robes of
      'sanctity' about themselves. He said that the man who cried, "God be
      merciful to me, a sinner!" went to his home justified. And without His
      justification, we have no hope. Our robes of "sanctity" are but filthy rags
      in His eyes.

      May He be merciful to you and me!

      In His grace,
      Inge

      PS Christ can even forgive those who *have* molested children. He's saved
      mass murderers before -- like King Manasseh, for instance. He suffers with
      the victims of abuse, even while He's ready to save the abuser.

      At 11:41 PM 10/1/2003 -0700, Tim Way wrote:
      >Hi Mike and Inge,
      >
      >I'm not judging anyone. You are judging me and my convictions, and the
      >thoughts that I just cant even bear in my mind. I cant even deal with
      >hearing about child molesters in my area without it making me sick to my
      >stomach. Even the criminal justice system contains inmates who take care
      >of this injustice by purging these demented predators from the prisons.
      >This sin is so disgusting to me I cant but vomit the very knowledge of it
      >from my mind. As far as this man who is struggling with it, I'm not
      >condemning him at all. I just cant allow the subject matter in my mind as
      >I'm SO repulsed by it. Whether you like it or not Mike and Inge. That sin
      >is the very thing that invokes the wrath of God upon all who entertain it.
      >It is like blood guiltiness. Please for the sanctity of the rest of us who
      >are not that far gone, please don't invite that element of depravity here
      >I beg you. May you come to your senses before this ministry is turned
      >aside to the vermin.Tim Way

      Inge Anderson <inge@...>
      Sponsor of <http://www.glow.cc> an internet site for
      Christians with same-gender attractions and their friends.