5418Re: Pedophilia and some other questions

  • Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II
    Oct 1, 2003
      Now, why do you PRESUME that I'm saying anything about us earning our
      holiness? Further, why do you insist on referring to my making
      reference to a passage in Hebrews as "scare tactics"?

      My posts do not in any way imply that WE make ourselves holy.
      HOWEVER, neither do we sit on our blessed assurance and do nothing
      (as your post implies). Shall we continue in sin that grace may
      abound (as your post implies)? God forbid!

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, philtft <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Chancellor Carlyle
      > Roberts, II" <BuddyChan2@m...> wrote:
      > > The key to healing the attraction is conforming to the image of
      > > Christ. The key to getting victory over pedophilic sin is
      > conforming
      > > to the image of Christ. The key is not "recovery" but, rather,
      > > holiness -- without which no one will see the Lord.
      > >

      > Well said, buddy - except your previous post and even this one
      imply
      > that we have to make ourselves holy. Holiness is a gift of God.
      >
      > Well: we seem to have all shades of opinion here from buddy's scare
      > tactics on loosing your salvation, to Tim's death penalty, to
      Inge's
      > inner child (where is that in scripture?).
      >
      > My bible says that we love God because He first loved us. Jesus
      > said; "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." Those
      > statements, to me, sum all this up. We respond in love to a love
      > that is so great that the God, who made heaven and earth, so loved
      us
      > that He sent His only begotten Son to die in place for my sin.
      > Wow: .... He has taken the punishment for it all! IT ALL!! My
      sin,
      > past, present and future. What grace is that? How can I respond?
      >
      > Well, I sure can't earn my holiness, and continue to try to impress
      > God with how good I am and how well I am overcoming sin. How
      > ridiculous. A waste of time and energy - it's impossible.
      >
      > Neither is He going to stone me or dish out the death penalty -
      He's
> [...]
      >
      > As for the child within me?? Sorry Inge, what Bible are you reading
      > there? When I was born again, I became a new creation. I may
      still
      > be battling with my flesh, but my bible says to reckon that dead.
      > Just what point is there in trying to heal a dead body. The answer
      > to my problems is not in the past of my "old man" - but in the past
      > of my "new man" - the one that was crucified and now lives His
      > resurrection life in me.
      >
      > No! I believe the answer is in:
      >
      > Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of
      > God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy,
      acceptable
      > unto God, which is your reasonable service.
      > 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the
      > renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and
      > acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
      >
      > and
      >
      > Hebrews: 12:1 ......let us lay aside every weight, and the sin
      which
      > doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that
      > is set before us,
      > 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for
      > the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the
      > shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
      > 3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners
      > against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
      > 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
      >
      > but these things are a response of love to love. It is not an
      > attempt to win God's approval. We have that already for:
      >
      > Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while
      we
      > were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
      > 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be
      > saved from wrath through him.
      > 10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the
      > death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by
      > his life.
      >
      > As His beloved children, we can no longer be His enemies. He may
      > chasten us, but that is because He loves us.
      >
      > To the brother that needs the encouragement; know this.....
      >
      > If you are in Christ, you ARE His beloved son. As you desire to
      love
      > Him more, your desire to sin will die. This is a process that
      takes
      > time. It is process that is often painful to our flesh, but God,
      (2
      > Peter 1:3) according as his divine power hath given unto us all
      > things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge
      of
      > him that hath called us to glory and virtue.
      >
      > You therefore lack nothing, but need to discover just exactly what
      > you already have to enable you to overcome. This life is a journey
      > of discovery into the wonders of what Gos has given us. May your

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic