5417Re: Pedophilia and some other questions

  • philtft
    Oct 1, 2003
      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "Chancellor Carlyle
      Roberts, II" <BuddyChan2@m...> wrote:
      > The key to healing the attraction is conforming to the image of
      > Christ. The key to getting victory over pedophilic sin is
      conforming
      > to the image of Christ. The key is not "recovery" but, rather,
      > holiness -- without which no one will see the Lord.

      Well said, buddy - except your previous post and even this one imply
      that we have to make ourselves holy. Holiness is a gift of God.

      Well: we seem to have all shades of opinion here from buddy's scare
      tactics on loosing your salvation, to Tim's death penalty, to Inge's
      inner child (where is that in scripture?).

      My bible says that we love God because He first loved us. Jesus
      said; "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." Those
      statements, to me, sum all this up. We respond in love to a love
      that is so great that the God, who made heaven and earth, so loved us
      that He sent His only begotten Son to die in place for my sin.
      Wow: .... He has taken the punishment for it all! IT ALL!! My sin,
      past, present and future. What grace is that? How can I respond?

      Well, I sure can't earn my holiness, and continue to try to impress
      God with how good I am and how well I am overcoming sin. How
      ridiculous. A waste of time and energy - it's impossible.

      Neither is He going to stone me or dish out the death penalty - He's
      already done that and someone else paid the price.

      As for the child within me?? Sorry Inge, what Bible are you reading
      there? When I was born again, I became a new creation. I may still
      be battling with my flesh, but my bible says to reckon that dead.
      Just what point is there in trying to heal a dead body. The answer
      to my problems is not in the past of my "old man" - but in the past
      of my "new man" - the one that was crucified and now lives His
      resurrection life in me.

      No! I believe the answer is in:

      Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of
      God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable
      unto God, which is your reasonable service.
      2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the
      renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and
      acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

      and

      Hebrews: 12:1 ......let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which
      doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that
      is set before us,
      2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for
      the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the
      shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
      3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners
      against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
      4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

      but these things are a response of love to love. It is not an
      attempt to win God's approval. We have that already for:

      Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we
      were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
      9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be
      saved from wrath through him.
      10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the
      death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by
      his life.

      As His beloved children, we can no longer be His enemies. He may
      chasten us, but that is because He loves us.

      To the brother that needs the encouragement; know this.....

      If you are in Christ, you ARE His beloved son. As you desire to love
      Him more, your desire to sin will die. This is a process that takes
      time. It is process that is often painful to our flesh, but God, (2
      Peter 1:3) according as his divine power hath given unto us all
      things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of
      him that hath called us to glory and virtue.

      You therefore lack nothing, but need to discover just exactly what
      you already have to enable you to overcome. This life is a journey
      of discovery into the wonders of what Gos has given us. May your
      journey be a great one.

      Phil
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic