5416Re: [ExGDBd] Pedophilia and some other questions

  • Chancellor Carlyle Roberts, II
    Oct 1, 2003
      Considering that the ACLU is representing NAMBLA in a Massachusetts
      case, it may eventually happen. But, alas, all is falling into place
      as Bible prophecy said it would, paving the way for the Lord's return
      to take His bride home.

      But what do we do for the person who has pedophilia? Do we do the
      modern American equivalent of taking him out and stoning him to death
      or do we treat him the way Jesus treated the woman caught in adultery
      and say to him, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more"?
      There really is no difference between homosexuality and pedophilia
      other than the object of attraction which, in the latter case, is
      toward children.

      Then again, since his attraction is toward teen boys, the issue here
      may not be one of pedophilia but, rather, one of pederasty.

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Tim Way <inotheway@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Guys,
      >
      > One thing that comes to my mind is the admonition from Jesus Christ
      when he warns about hurting one of these little ones who trust in me.
      He said that it would be better to die a violent death than that you
      should hurt one of these little one's. The penalty our society puts
      on child molesters is a period of confinement plus financial
      penalties then a period of partial freedom and ridicule with a lack
      of privacy. Gods law merely required immediate death penalty by
      societal stoning. I met a child molester some 18 years ago. I was so
      repulsed by him that I couldn't even peaceably talk to him.Before
      Gays were portrayed as anything but perverts in our society years ago
      most straight people were repulsed at the mere thought of homosexual
      perversion. I hope society never excepts child molesters as an
      acceptable alternative lifestyle. Tim Way

      > Michael Crumpler <good7boy2002@y...> wrote:
      > Hey slink!
      > thanks for your honesty and vulnerability! Praise the Lord for the
      power that he has already given you over the last year. It is
      frightening to be so vulnerable to failure. Pedophilia is so
      stigmatized! I hate the way our society is dealing with it, as if it
      is an unpardonable sin. People need help in order for it to be
      prevented. For now, honesty and vulnerability is your best antidote.
      Continue to share your feelings in a safe and caring environment. I
      don't struggle with pedophilia, but when I was a teen I had numerous
      encounters with men. You and I can be in dialog about what that was
      like. I will remember you in prayer. May the Lord grant you power and
      freedom as you continue to rely upon Him!

      > Michael
      >
      > theslink@J... wrote:
      >
      > I have a very serious problem. While I am a sex addict and have had
      homosexual encounters with men I am really attracted to teen age
      boys. While I have never offended with under age kids I have had
      problems with child pornography in the past. Thankfully the Lord has
      kept me from all forms of pornography for about a year. This is a big
      turn around since I used to spend hours every day looking at porn. I
      feel so alone because all of the books I have found about recovering
      for homosexuality deal strictly with adult attractions and none of
      the members of my group are pedophiles. Can anyone recommend a title
      about pedophilia?

      > Also I have read one book about homosexual recovery. It said that
      the key to recovery was to build relationships. Is recovery really as
      easy as making friends? There has to be something more to this. I was
      seriously abused as a child physically and emotionally (but not
      sexually) by my father and grandmother. While I have forgiven them I
      still think my problems are rooted in my childhood and my rejection
      by my peers. I am in secular therapy but they seem to focus more on
      changing my behavior than addressing underlying emotional problems.
      Thats not to say I haven't made good progress. My sex drive is more
      under control and I haven't had any same sex contact in a year and I
      have gotten out of porn. But I am still hurting, lonely, and have
      problems with lust and masturbation anywhere from once to twice a
      week to once every two weeks. I really want to heal and be normal.
      Can anybody offer any words of advice??

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > Questions on the group? contact founder directly at: ncxds@y...
      >
      > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of:
      > NCXDS Ex-Gay Internet Ministries
      >
      > Feel free to link to these pages on your own website:
      >
      > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion List:
      <http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/exgaydiscussionboard> | Chat:
      <http://chat.yahoo.com/?club=exgaydiscussionboard>

      Service.