23568Re: Another Serious Blow

  • aformer54
    Mar 2, 2009
      Wow. Talk about ripping your heart out and handing it to you. We are
      bleeding with you, brother. So very sorry to hear this has happened. I
      hope many here will commit to pray for you, even those who are merely
      "looky-loos" (yes, that's the vast majority of people who are members).

      As regards Christians "shooting" their wounded -- it's too true for
      comfort, I'm afraid. Others are just too squeamish to deal with gay
      issues and those who are struggling.

      Yesterday in my Sunday school class at church, I gave a heartfelt
      appeal for prayer for an ex-gay woman (fellow church member whose case
      is high profile) who is a dear friend and is going through hell on
      earth over a years-long custody/visitation battle with a former
      same-sex partner. She continues to be "thrown under the bus" -- I'll
      throw in another metaphor that applies -- and misunderstood by those
      in our church who should know better.

      You should have seen folks squirming in their seats after my little
      speech. Most are just learning that I am also a "former. I've decided
      I am going to force them to deal with it because I have no shame or
      guilt anymore. The church NEEDS to get its act together. I speak out
      about this kind of thing every chance I get.

      I don't know where you go from here, Troy, but there are churches out
      there that do a decent job of ministering to the hurts of their own. I
      pray you find one.

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "bondtk" <bondtk@...> wrote:

      > I was talking with my children Friday evening on the phone. The last
      > couple times my oldest (girl, 11) has been argumentative about "what
      > I need to do to fix things" which I found very odd. I try to nicely
      > tell her that she doesn't need to worry about all of that, and that
      > mommy and daddy need to work on things together. I know it's
      > debateable but I've told all three of them before that mommy just
      > needs to come home (remember she left with the kids and all of our
      > household possessions 2 years ago after I told her) so we can really
      > work seriously on repairing what has been broken. But my 11-year-old
      > daughter now has been saying things like, "If you really loved
      > us . . . . " and "You need to go before Pastor C.'s church and ask
      > forgiveness . . . . ." which is just a repeat of what mother has been
      > saying. Well, I got a bonus at work before Christmas and I had told
      > the kids that if I happened across some money I would see about
      > taking them on a family trip to Disney in 2009. I could use that
      > money in many other places due to all my lawyer bills but my chilren
      > have never been on a real vacation and with all that is going on in
      > their little lives, thought it might bring them some joy. So every
      > time I talk to them I ask them, "Are you getting excited about our
      > trip?" My oldest daughter said Friday night, "Uhhhh, not really." I
      > was stunned. In the past they always responded excitedly. I
      > said, "Why not?" She said something to the effect of, "I'm not sure
      > if I want to go with a sinner." Again, I was stunned and
      > said, "We're all sinners, honey. Mommy is a sinner too and you are
      > with her most of the time." (maybe should have picked another
      > example, I know what you're thinking) "But daddy, what you did was
      > PERVERTED sin." Again, I was dumbfounded wondering how she knew to
      > even say something like this. She once again began arguing about
      > what I needed to do to fix the marriage with my wife's false ideas of
      > how things should be done in her own mind as opposed to Biblical
      > reconciliation. But then she said, "Daddy, I know what you did." I
      > was in stunned silence. I said, "What do you know?" She said, "You
      > are gay." My heart sank and seemed to freeze. I was in stunned
      > silence again. I was boiling inside instantly while remaining very
      > calm with her. I said, "Honey, do you even know what that means?"
      > She said, "Yes, daddy, it means you like guys." Again, to hear this
      > out of my 11-year-old's mouth was mind numbing. I had no prepared
      > statement or speech. My mind was racing. I didn't know what to say.
      > I tried to tell her that daddy has had this issue since he was 7
      > years old but she wasn't "buying" it nor could she understand that.
      > How could I make an 11-year old naive, Christian school/homeschooled
      > girl understand the complexities of SSA? It wasn't going to happen.
      > I mean, my goodness, look how her mother reacted and continues to to
> [...]
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic