22978Re: [ExGDBd] Question for anyone who can give me advice about disolving domestic partnership

  • ctickle777
    Mar 1, 2008
      Dear Sabine,

      Wow, my heart aches with you right now because I see how enmeshed
      you are with this friend. However, I do feel very strongly that
      staying in this relationship is essentially holding you and your
      friend back from being truly free in Christ. Here's why I believe
      this based on what little information you have provided.

      1.) Your concerns are mutual in that both of you rely upon one
      another to "survive," be it in a medical sense and otherwise. God
      should be your primary Provider - not just in a spiritual sense, but
      in EVERY sense. So, I honestly feel that staying entertwined
      financially with your friend due to your particular personal
      circumstances is contradictory to what you have said.

      I can only imagine your fear in truly separating from your friend
      (moving out, separating assets, etc.). You must be riddled with fear
      of the future - and you are obviously worried about your past and
      fear God will pour out His wrath on you in the future. Guilt does
      NOT come from the Holy Spirit, Sabine. It comes from Satan. So, if
      you have accepted Christ you need to understand the finality of your
      salvation - the fullness of your freedom in Christ. You are NEW -
      your old self is not indicative of who you are NOW at this very
      moment! : ) So, rejoice in the finality of your salvation. As for
      worrying about your future - that's normal. We all worry about the
      uncertainties in life. But you can't allow this worry and fear to
      direct you down the current path. I, personally, think you need to
      separate yourself completely - figure out what you guys need to do
      to finalize the relationship. It appears that the two of you are
      very dependent upon one another but God truly needs to be the first
      one you turn to regardless your need. If your friend is filling that
      void in your life, God will never completely fill it. : )

      Finally, as for the issue of divorce. I may take a few hits with my
      opinion on this but Maurice quoted some really solid Scripture on
      this subject. (Matt. 19:3-9.) I have done numerous Bible studies on
      the topic of divorce and it is my understanding that divorce is okay
      in the event that one person has a "hardened heart." i.e.: that
      person did not want to reconcile the relationship. If you were that
      person who had the hardened heart, and you instigated the break-up
      that led to the divorce, then you may be the one at fault. Or, it
      may have been both of you, or just your husband. At any rate, living
      under the law is exactly what the Pharisees did - and Jesus
      condemned them for this time after time. Christ set us free from the
      bondage of the law (yoke). If God sends a man your way in the
      future, you can marry that man without worry that somehow you will
      be at fault or lose your salvation!!! God doesn't work that way, nor
      does His promise of salvation. You are free - forgiven - for
      EVERYTHING. God has changed you and you know what to do - if you
      were totally at peace with your living situation I don't think you'd
      have posted your questions with us - and that was a bold and
      courageous move. God is changing you, day by day, and bringing you
      into a life that He wants you to experience.

      Here's a question I have for you that I want you to ponder
      over.....How could Jesus Christ pay the penalty for your sins before
      you were ever born? He did it once and every person who has ever
      asked for God's gift of forgiveness through Jesus Christ is capable
      of receiving that FREE gift. The gift isn't contingent upon how well
      you live up to God's standards, or His laws. Truth is, we were
      forgiven for our past, present, and future before we were ever born -
      we simply had to choose to accept that free gift!!! That's why
      forgiveness, life, and salvation through Jesus Christ is a choice
      and not something God forces upon His creation. You are forgiven
      now - for the sins you have yet to even commit! Rejoice in this
      truth and know that God can repair every relationship in your life -
      and bring new relationships to fruition if that is His will and
      purpose. Sin has no scale, Sabine - remarrying isn't any worse than
      telling a lie. You made some mistakes - we all have - but we can't
      allow those mistakes to rule over us and place us back under the
      yoke of the law now that Christ has set us free. And Father loves
      you just as much right this minute, as He has always loved you - not
      because you have left the lifestyle (that is for your own benefit)
      but He loves you all the same. ; ) His love has never changed but
      your perception of yourself has changed. You realize your past was
      wrong - you've confessed and repented - now you need to rejoice and
      keep making these changes day-by-day to truly free yourself to live
      the life God created you to live in Him.

      If you're confused about all this "law" stuff, check out Bob
      George's book "Classic Christianity." It's a difficult subject that
      few Chrisians really understand (took me a couple of years to really
      work it all out mentally) but it's worth the effort. You are free
      but you aren't really experiencing the joy in being free in Christ.

      One final thought - your friend's salvation is not dependent upon
      you, Sabine. The Holy Spirit has to lead her to Him - you can plant
      the seeds but it may not be God's plan for you to see it through.
      Our assistant pastor said something so profound this past Sunday. He
      explained that on average, un-saved people need to hear the gospel
      message seven times. Then our pastor asked, "Are you willing to be
      witness number six?" What about witness number four, or even one?"

      I'll be praying for you both.

      In Christ,
      Christa Tickle

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Morey