22156Re: [ExGDBd] Every Good Gift Is From Above

  • Thomas Morey
    Aug 1, 2007
      Thanks Todd.

      Now I am convinced that any so-called "Acts of God"
      should correctly be relabeled, say possibly as "Acts
      of the god of this world", since the evil one is in
      fact the efficient cause of natural disasters, not our
      Heavenly Father. Just as the PC crowd pushed for the
      inclusion of masculine names being assigned to
      hurricanes a couple decades ago, maybe ?someone? will
      start an active lobbying campaign to change this
      popular but misleading term in congress.

      Blessings,

      Tom
      --- R Todd <rtodd3807@...> wrote:

      > A Devotion <list@...> wrote: Every Good
      > Gift Is From Above
      >
      > JAMES 1:13,16,17 Weymouth
      > 13 Let no one say when passing through trial, "My
      > temptation is
      > from God;" for God is incapable of being tempted to
      > do evil,
      > and He Himself tempts no one.
      > 16 Do not be deceived, my dearly-loved brethren.
      > 17 Every gift which is good, and every perfect boon,
      > is from
      > above, and comes down from the Father, who is the
      > source of all
      > Light. In Him there is no variation nor the
      > slightest
      > suggestion of change.
      >
      > God is not doing evil that good may come from it.
      >
      > "Do not be deceived," the Bible tells us in verse 16
      > above.
      > Obviously then, brethren CAN be deceived -- and many
      > ARE.
      >
      > God is NOT the one behind the bad things happening.
      > Storms,
      > earthquakes, and tornados are not acts of my God.
      > Only good
      > comes down from my Father God -- and He does not
      > change or vary
      > from day to day.
      >
      > John 10:10 LB
      > 10 The thief's purpose is to steal, kill and
      > destroy. My
      > purpose is to give life in all its fullness.
      >
      > John 10:10 is the dividing line in the Bible. The
      > purpose of
      > the devil is made clear: to harm you. The purpose of
      > the Lord
      > is also clear: life in all its fullness -- life as
      > God intended.
      >
      > Jesus is for you. The devil is against you. It's as
      > simple as
      > that.
      >
      > SAY THIS: The devil is against me, so I am against
      > the devil.
      > God is for me, so I submit to God.

      > removed]

      http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/