18162Re: [ExGDBd] gay sex

  • ctickle777
    Jun 3, 2006
      Wow, the posts lately have been so informative!!

      I'm not sure if I'm on the same track as everyone on this issue, but
      I think that sexual offenders should have the label. As far as
      labeling men or women who engage in sex with a same-sex partner
      as "sex offenders," well, if the sex was between two consenting
      adults, I wouldn't label it a crime at all. If that were the case,
      then every possible sin should come with a label.

      Whether or not people who are sex offenders can and do recover
      really isn't the issue for me. As a parent, and citizen, I want to
      know the identity of sex offenders simply because the vast majority
      of them do not recover and they are more often than not a danger to
      others. If that cripples them socially, that is the result of their
      mistake and they should accept the consequences. I would think that
      the a sexual offender who truly desired to repent and change would
      welcome the accountability that the label offers.

      Just my opinion,
      Christa

      --- In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, "David Arakelian"
      <bubbadave3@...> wrote:

      > I personally know sex offenders who are in recovery. The label of
      sexual
      > offender adds to the weight of guilt and shame that they already
      carry.
      > Adding the label of sexual offender to those who engage in
      homosexual sexual
      > behavior would be a deterrent to their seeking treatment in my
      opinion.
      > Therefore, it would not be a good thing.
      >
      > On 6/2/06, sabato26 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > >
      > > I agree it would be hard to see these Sodomy laws back, but they
      > > would help send a moral message. Gay sex is not healthy, as
      least
      > > in my views, and we should have the law to help protect and
      > > encourage behaviour that is best. I do think the law should
      carry
      > > weight too. I think if men are caught having sex, it could lead
      > > sex offender status.
      > >

      > > - In exgaydiscussionboard@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Morey
      > > <moreytom@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Thanks, bubbadave. I think your input here has been
      > > > invaluable. Btw, is that what you want us to call you?

      > > > === message truncated ===

      > > Questions about the group? Contact our Director & Founder, Alan
      Levering,
      > > directly at: ncxds@...
      > >
      > > The Ex-Gay Discussion Board is a ministry of NCXDS Ex-Gay
      Internet
      > > Christian Ministries
      > >
      > > MINISTRY LINKS!! Feel free to link to these pages on your own
      website:

      > > Web: <http://geocities.com/exgaylinks> | Discussion Board: <
      Language