Re: Meeting pastors in gay clubs

  • analytical_49734
    Message 1 of 2165 , Aug 1, 2000
      JO is the vernacular term for jerk off; Yes, I
      visit such clubs, and many straight men visit
      "straight" JO clubs. <br> With regard to my walk with God,
      the God I worship is not concerned over whether or
      not I masturbate; Most men do, regardless of sexual
      preference. <br> My reading of the bible is that masturbation
      per se is not condemned, only coitus interruptus; In
      any relgious debate there are those who will take a
      biblical injunction which in the text is narrowly applied,
      then broaden it to include acts which are not
      specifically prohibited. Who decides how far such injunctions
      are to be applied? I would hope the Holy Spirit does
      not a priestly class or a religious elite. <br> I
      dont believe that any act, short of murder or
      something truly foul (which I wont go into here)is sinful
      PER SE; Its the spirit which motivates the act that
      determines its underlying morality. <br> Just my opinion;
      Obviously I am not a biblical fundamentalist; To me, my
      whole life is a church, an exploration of both my
      sexuality and sprituality; I believe that the two are
      intimately linked. If my motives are positive, if my goal is
      simply to bring pleasure, great pleasure to another man,
      then I dont believe that it sinful. <br> It is in
      giving that we receive; I do give much pleasure in a
      variety of contexts to men, and not only am I not guilty
      about that, I am proud of it!!!<br> To give and receive
      pleasure among Gods creation, to foster a sense of bliss
      in that context while professing the name of God,
      certainly is in some indirect way, a method of giving God
      himself pleasure. <br> I believe that God is not the
      unchanging diety that the fundamentalists portray him as; I
      believe he is an eternal and sovereign spirit who IS
      capable of LEARNING from HIS behavior; I believe that the
      human race is an experiment by God to see how this race
      of beings on Earth will develop; <br> A look even at
      the Old Testament will reveal that God, before the
      flood, was very displeased with man, and sought to
      destroy him through the flood. Yet, he was quoted as
      saying he "repented" of his actions afterwards; A
      similar repentance by God occurred when he and Moses were
      communing at Mt. Sinai and he proposed to Moses to destroy
      the Israelites for there lack of faith, and Moses
      said, and I paraphrase "Lord if you do that, then your
      enemies will say that you brought your people out here in
      the middle of this desert and then destroyed them".
      a natural phenomenon within the human soul. It has
      been present throughout human history; It appears to
      be even more prevalent today, particularly among
      many straight married men who have never had a
      homosexual experience before. <br> Perhaps God is learning
      that humanity is essentially a bisexual being with
      intimacy needs for both sexes; Perhaps he is observing his
      experiment on this Earth, and taking note. Perhaps, just
      perhaps, he isnt the unbending, unchanging God that many
      portray him to be. <br> I agree with what was said
      earlier in this forum, and which has been stated
      throughout the ages by many other religious scholars, that
      man cannot FULLY comprehend the mind of God. We are
      given general guideposts only. <br> The rest we must
      take by faith, with a pure heart, which I define as
      one without malice towards others, and with a desire
      to please God, AS WE SEE GOD.
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10, 2003