SELF ACCEPTANCE

  • analytical_49734
    Message 1 of 2165 , Jul 24, 2000
      To answer the question which was posed to me by
      Revelation previously, I do not now and never have taken a
      literalist or fundamentalist view of the bible. While I
      believe the bible was divinely inspired, it was written
      by men, and as such cannot be considered a perfect
      expression of Gods will. <br> The bible does have some
      things which I believe literally occurred, but other
      things can be considered metaphor. Being metaphors does
      not in any way say they are less true. It merely
      means one must look at the underlying spiritual and
      moral principles which that metaphor is illuminating.
      Metaphors, and their close cousins, parables, which Jesus
      used in abundance, are to be interpreted by being open
      to God through the Holy Spirit, and allowing the
      infinite to give us wisdom and discernment. <br> I cannot
      agree that there is only ONE interpretation of the
      bible, there clearly is not. Good men of faith can
      disagree on many issues. It is those in denominations and
      Christian traditions which are steeped in intolerance,
      which claim that their view is THE word of God, which
      offend me. <br><br> In any event, I think this
      discussion, while very interesting to me, is "off topic",
      since I believe the purpose of this club is to escape
      the fundamentalist Christian view towards
      homosexuality, and bisexuality. <br> Having just left the ex gay
      club, and having found a majority of the "bible
      thumping", self hating men in there to lack both love of
      themselves and others, I hope this club can foster a
      positive image of gay and bi men. <br> Once we truly begin
      to love ourselves, we can them reach out and love
      our fellow gays more fully than we do. We can also
      love all others in the world as well regardless of
      sexual preference.
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10, 2003