Re: Hello and brief intro

  • redruss66
    Message 1 of 2165 , Nov 25, 1999
      Hi joe,<br>Ive really enjoyed your posts and find
      so much of them close to those i've had in
      therapy.<br>I'm so glad that you were able to step back and think
      about your spiritual side and do what alot of them
      restist so heatedly.<br>That being simple investigation
      of god.<br>I too have found many
      denominations/orders/and christian groups that see homosexuality for what
      it is/seperate from the act,and that is too deep to
      be anything but of god.<br>I dated an omish man for
      3 years after counseling a friend of his who had
      fell in with the holiness church and suffered a great
      deal at their hands.<br>I was surprised to hear of
      your quaker involvement as i haven't had much research
      on their doctrine but am glad they are also in some
      respects more accepting.<br>The omish order in this area
      is rather accepting as well which was a surprise to
      me.<br>But back to the subject,i do see that the resistance
      to "look" to other christians for informaion is very
      adamant among ex-gays and makes me wonder sometimes if
      they do not "wish" the misery the so outwardly give
      off.<br>Jusy the mention of going to another church or seeking
      advice from other non-holiness/evangelical sorces seems
      to make them almost angry.<br>I would be interested
      to hear you thoughts on how you felt about outside
      info while you were there,and also on the seemingly
      self-punishing enjoyment that seems the root of the resistance
      to outside christian opinion<br>.<br>Thanks and glad
      you've found peace and yourself.<br>russ
      Message 2165 of 2165 , Aug 10, 2003