Ex-Ex Gay Facebook group

  • Bill Prickett
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2011
      Good morning, everyone.

      I know this group has been around for a while, but I did want everyone to know that if you are still looking for a resource, and some interesting conversation and useful information, there's a wonderful Ex-Ex-Gay Facebook group you might want to consider. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/166704399994/

      The group was started and is administered by Michael Bussee.  In case you don't know, Michael was one of the original founders of Exodus, the country largest ex-gay organization. He has since left the ex-gay movement and is active in getting out the message of the damage and danger of these groups.  Here's a video where Michael talks about his story:  http://youtu.be/v2PLPyKmtas

      I am certainly not trying to take anything away from this group, but thought some might be interested in another avenue.

      Thanks!

      Bill Prickett

      The Mind Set on the Flesh
      A story of deception in the name of religion.
      But what happens when the truth comes to light?

      www.BillPrickett.com
      Let's connect on Facebook

    • Anthony Venn-Brown
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2011
        Hey Bill.......my exex-gay group is about the same size as
        yours.......and eventually came to no activity.....probably for several
        reasons.......one being I was giving my energies in other places like
        the freedom 2 b[e] forum and facebook.....but I think the new forms of
        communication also played a big role

        I suggested my group also move over to Michaels page........he is very
        diligent and puts are great stuff on a daily basis. Always interesting
        and relevant

        I left my group page up so if people are searching they can find it and
        it lets them know to move to facebook
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Exex-gay/?yguid=409854159

        love your work

        Anthony Venn-Brown

        An Ambassador for the LGBT Community

        Author of 'A Life of Unlearning - A Journey to Find the Truth'
        <http://gayambassador1.blogspot.com/>

        Co-founder of Freedom 2 b[e] <http://www.freedom2b.org/>

        Honoured to be voted one of the 25 Most Influential Gay & Lesbian
        Australians <http://www.samesame.com.au/25/2007/AnthonyVennBrown> (2007
        & 2009) and ACON Community Hero finalist 2011.

        http://lgbttraining.blogspot.com/ <http://lgbttraining.blogspot.com/>

        Twitter: @gayambassador

        --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, Bill Prickett <bill_times2@...>