Still Seeking Ex-Ex-Gay Stories and Perspectives

  • Jan Gelech
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2011
      Hello Again,

      My name is Jan Gelech and I am exploring ex-gay ministry experiences as
      part of my Ph.D. dissertation. As a member of the Ex-Ex-Gay group, I
      would like to respectfully invite you to participate in this project by
      sharing your story and thoughts with me. The ex-ex-gay perspective is of
      crucial importance in this line of study and I would hate to have it
      unrepresented in the project.

      This project is person-centered and seeks to create a rich and nuanced
      account of how individuals understand their experiences with ex-gay
      ministries. I am not promoting any political agenda – I seek only
      to better understand the lives people attempt to create for themselves
      according to their own moral compasses.

      Study participation involves a confidential phone interview session
      lasting about 1.5 hours. All information is kept confidential, with
      identifying names, places, occupations, organizations, and other details
      removed or altered in the interview transcript.

      This study has been approved by the University of Saskatchewan Research
      Ethics Board (10-342) and adheres to all ethical principles. If you
      have any questions or concerns, this board can be reached at
      1-306-966-2084. If you would be willing to participate in this research
      study, or would like more information, please contact me.

      Thank-you for your time and consideration. I hope this request finds
      you happy and healthy!

      Jan Gelech

    • Bill Prickett
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2011
        I have a section on my website about the ex-gay movement, which includes Ten Myths of Ex-Gay Programs and my own ex-gay story. (For a while, I was Executive Director of a local ministry)

        My new novel, The Mind Set on the Flesh, also deals with the subject...in a somewhat EX-treme manner.

        Bill Prickett
        www.BillPrickett.com
        Let's connect on Facebook