Re: I welcome your thoughts and Insights

  • Bill Prickett
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2011
      Joiner, I do think my book approaches the ex-gay issue from a different perspective.  It is intentionally a kind of "worse case scenario."  (It's fiction, so it's merited)

      As I outline on my site, it involves a young gay man who's is brutally beaten (by a mentally unstable religious fanatic handing out tracts in the gay section of Dallas) and is left with almost no memory of his past.  His parent, who are famous TV evangelists, turn him over to a doctor who uses extreme methods to change their son from gay to straight.

      I'm glad you had a good experience with your ex-gay group, but I hope you understand that many don't. I lost one of my best friends to suicide when he could get straight. For years I've worked with those who have been damaged by the dangerous teachings of these groups. The very premise of their operation---the we can be changed and need to be changed---causes so much damage.

      My book is available at all the online booksellers.  You can click on the Purchast tab of my website for specifics or you can also go to my Facebook page and click on the Where to Buy tab.

      Thanks for your comments.

      Bill