Re: [ExExGayMinistry] I welcome your thoughts and Insights

  • Joiner Rex
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2011
      How much is your book? I briefly looked at your site and starting reading the
      intro, but that's as far as I got. My experience was good with ex-gay
      ministries. I don't subscribe to everything they teach, but the particular
      group I was in was loving, non-judgmental, so it might not be the experience
      than so many seem to have had. If your book is exploring the issues in a
      fresh, but truthful, way - I might be interested.

      Rex

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2011
        Joiner, I do think my book approaches the ex-gay issue from a different perspective.  It is intentionally a kind of "worse case scenario."  (It's fiction, so it's merited)

        As I outline on my site, it involves a young gay man who's is brutally beaten (by a mentally unstable religious fanatic handing out tracts in the gay section of Dallas) and is left with almost no memory of his past.  His parent, who are famous TV evangelists, turn him over to a doctor who uses extreme methods to change their son from gay to straight.

        I'm glad you had a good experience with your ex-gay group, but I hope you understand that many don't. I lost one of my best friends to suicide when he could get straight. For years I've worked with those who have been damaged by the dangerous teachings of these groups. The very premise of their operation---the we can be changed and need to be changed---causes so much damage.

        My book is available at all the online booksellers.  You can click on the Purchast tab of my website for specifics or you can also go to my Facebook page and click on the Where to Buy tab.

        Thanks for your comments.

        Bill