Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Introduction

  • MrChuk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2010
      I'm 68.. was in my 50s before I found my peace and acceptance.
      You must know that God does not want you to live a conflicted
      life.....right? God bless on your journey to find your peace.
      I've always wondered.. if God does not see us as male nor female..

      28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you
      are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28 (New International Version)

      ...why would gender even be an issue where there is love???
      Chuk

      In a message dated 6/27/2010 8:50:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      timalexwar7@... writes:

      I have been rethinking the
      "gay/Christian" conflict. I have spent the previous 20 years doing
      everything I
      could find to do in order to "deal with my homosexuality" within a
      Christian
      context: 4 yrs residential Love In Action program in San Rafael, Ca.; 3 yrs
      Orthodox community in Ben Lomond, Ca, with church attendence 2 times per
      day, 6
      years living in Eastern Orthodox monastic communities pursuing monastic
      life,
      frustration with Orthodox theology, 1 year back in Love in Action on staff
      here
      in Memphis Tn. Throughout these 20 years, I never expected to become
      heterosexual. However, I see that I was trying to become a-sexual for the
      sake
      of the Kingdom. I am extremely disappointed to find that at best I have
      been
      repressing, denying, running from, and ignoring my very strong homosexual
      have been celibate these past 20 yrs and I intend to remain so. But I
      honestly
      do not know what is God's absolute and perfect will for 1) me, a Christian
      man
      who is homosexual and 2) all Christians who are homosexual. I had been
      thinking
      that as a homosexually driven person it was up to me to deny myself - my
      homosexuality- and take up my cross daily to follow Jesus. I consider(ed)
      homosexuality a result of the fall of man and therefore a brokenness which
      resulted in sin (homosexual behaviour) and therefore something which needs
      to be
      "healed" or to be repented of. Now I honestly do not know. As I wrote
      above, I
      have no intention of giving up hard fought for celibacy, (although I
      recently
      have begun again to indulge my solo-sexual practice after 15 yrs of total
      abstinence therefrom.) I am making honest inquiries into all sorts of
      "accepting" or "affirming" Christians as well as the oputright "pro-gay"
      faction
      although I really am far too conservative to ever become "pro-gay." So
      here I
      am at 60 yrs old with a ton of questions!

      Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:36 pm

      Show Message Option

      Use Fixed Width Font
      Unwrap Lines

      "Tim" <_timalexwar7@..._ (mailto:timalexwar7@...) >
      timalexwar7
      Send IM
      Send Email

    • Tim Warner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2010
        Thx for your encouragement. You pose an EXCELLENT question, by the way. Tim