Friends matter, or is it just all about a cause?

  • shaggyhimbo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 15, 2010
      Hey,

      I don't no where to write this, but I need to.

      So I type in "gay" and search groups, and I get four kinds.

      Gay. It's all about sex.

      Ex gay. All about not masterbating an being clever with lots and lots and lots of words... im not a big reader brainiac type dude. besides, i did read the bible and jesus isnt as wordy as all these christians anyway, they talk to much.

      Ex ex gay. It's all about sharing how pissed off you are that you were ex gay and bashing ex gays... im not big on hate either, these guys just wanna hurt people cuz they got hurt, anger is their badge of honor.

      Goy. Some of it seems good, some of it seems super freaky way out.

      Dude. I just wanna make a few friends who understand how rough it can be, and we all love one another. Where's that group at?

      Peace out,
      Shaggy
    • nojam75
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 15, 2010
        Hi Shaggy,

        Unfortunately, online forums often bring out the worst in people. However, I can't say that ex-exgays that I know wish harm on exgays -- especially considering 'we' (ex-exgays) were 'them' (ex-gays) just a short time ago. Admittedly, we can be snarky and critical of ex-gay promoters and the confusing/harmful ex-gay message.

        Have you tried GayChristian.net? I haven't been on GCN recently, but the last time I was there, they seemed to have good conversations and were not sex-orientated.

        Of course, you're welcome to share here too. Reconciling faith and sexuality is a struggle, but know that you're not alone.

        Norm!

        --- In exexgayministry@yahoogroups.com, shaggyhimbo <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Hey,
        >
        > I don't no where to write this, but I need to.
        >
        > So I type in "gay" and search groups, and I get four kinds.
        >
        > Gay. It's all about sex.
        >
        > Ex gay. All about not masterbating an being clever with lots and lots and lots of words... im not a big reader brainiac type dude. besides, i did read the bible and jesus isnt as wordy as all these christians anyway, they talk to much.
        >
        > Ex ex gay. It's all about sharing how pissed off you are that you were ex gay and bashing ex gays... im not big on hate either, these guys just wanna hurt people cuz they got hurt, anger is their badge of honor.
        >
        > Goy. Some of it seems good, some of it seems super freaky way out.
        >
        > Dude. I just wanna make a few friends who understand how rough it can be, and we all love one another. Where's that group at?
        >
        > Peace out,
        > Shaggy

      • Christine Bakke
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2010
          I agree with Norm.

          As someone who runs a website for ex-ex-gays (www.beyondexgay.com) I
          would say that we don't bash or hate ex-gays either. We even
          encourage people to think about the good that came out of their ex-
          gay experiences....because for many people, we did gain something
          good from our times as ex-gays.

          I also second Norm in checking out Gaychristian.net - they have been
          a really helpful resource to lots of people and have great, active
          message boards.

          We also have a very fledgling online forum community for ex-ex-gays.
          Email us at bxg@... with a bit of your story for more
          information (this applies to anyone on this listserv as well).
          Christians and nonChristians welcome.

          Thanks,

          Christine