Re: [ExExGayMinistry] Re: The non-religious dimension of the ex-gay trip: mas...

  • MrChuk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2009
      Does one need outside proof other than one's own experience? For me,
      doesn't matter what the research or others say, I know I didn't choose and I
      am what I am...
      I learned this when I was a student at Bob Jones University years ago...
      "Faith without experience always delves in the realm of doubt"... Once we
      have the experience, anything we are taught that goes contrary to our
      experiences is doubtful, agree?

      It was Walt Whitman who said, "Review everything you've been taught.
      Discard anything that's an insult to our soul . And begin again.". What one
      experiences can't be discarded!!!!

      Chuk

      In a message dated 11/11/2009 10:41:56 P.M. Central Standard Time,
      ad4071@... writes:

      Just me, but the only reason I want to know the cause, is so I don't have
      to feel guilt or responsibility for the fact that I became a homosexual. The
      homophobes/haters say we chose to be gay and it's out fault. I still
      insist no one (or nearly no one) makes the intentional choice to be homosexual
      any more than someone choses to be straight.

      Alan

      From: "_MrChuk@..._ (mailto:MrChuk@...) " <_MrChuk@..._
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 12, 2009
        Well, I am not talking about whether we chose to be gay/same-sex oriented or not. Still, I have to be honest. Yes, I know that there are "butch" and muscular gay men out there; like I said, I once dated a linebacker for a famous American football team, and for those who don't know how imposing a linebacker can be, just go to Google Images and type in the word "linebacker". Still, all things considered, I will never forget the disappointment I experienced when I left home for university studies, and was free to go to bars -- specifically gay bars -- at night. For every one guy who did indeed have a decent body and a "straight-acting" affect, there were about a dozen exceptionally thin, not-muscular-at-all guys with personalities that ranged from precious and slight to bitchy and jaded. In short, just the sort of guys who made feel embarrassed to be gay and made me want to throw-up. Unfortunately, most of the very few guys who exuded a noticeable
        masculinity both in their personalities and bodies ever gave me a second look, much less took me home. Overall, though, I am glad I was so unlucky in getting laid back then, since this was New York in 1981, and at the time, nobody knew that there was a vicious virus going around that would decimate at least half of that area's gay community.
        However, what drove me to consider the ex-gay trip was the fact that I was so frustrated in finding the majority of gay men such a turn-off when it came to fulfilling my longings for love, romance, and sex. Oftentimes, I opted for one-sided, unrequited love affairs with good-looking straight men, which usually resulted in me experiencing major paind and humiliation. It was not just masculinity that turned me on (still does), but a certain quality of innocence. So many gay men I met seemed to smoke, drink, do drugs, have sex with an unlimited number of partners, and carry with them an unpleasantly nasty and bitchy negativity towards life. By contrast, the straight guys I had crushes on had exuded an exuberant innocence.
        So my interest in ex-gayism was because I felt that it would make much more sense to become what I desired, rather than to seek that out in others.

        From: "_MrChuk@aol. com_ (mailto:MrChuk@...) " <_MrChuk@aol. com_

        (mailto:MrChuk@...) >